The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Desktop Client Support Specialist at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
- Performs client-level information technology support function, voice network, and Personal Wireless Communication Systems (PWCS).
- Performs configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Removes and replaces components and peripherals to restore system operation.
- Installs and configures software operating systems and applications.
- Provides service to end-users for operation, restoration, and configuration of information systems.
- Reports security incidents and executes corrective security procedures.
- Removes and replaces telephone instruments.
- Plans, schedules, and implements installation and maintenance functions associated with edge device systems such as copper core and fiber-optic intra-building wiring, fiber-optic end equipment, modems, and associated hardware.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works independently to achieve on day-to-day tasks assigned.
- Communicates with internal and client members.
- Experience with diagnosing computer errors and provide technical support.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and network issues.
- Train end-users how to setup and use new technologies.
- Backup and restore an organization's data files and systems.
- Install, configure and upgrade PC software and operating systems.
- Clean and repair computer hardware, such as keyboards and printers.
- Remote IT help desk technicians provide technical support over the phone or Web.
- Remote help desk technicians often use specialized help desk support software to take control of end-users' computers to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Troubleshoot, configure and identify fiber optic issues while maintaining NIPR/SIPR networks
- Troubleshoot, configure and identify network cable issues while maintaining NIPR/SIPR networks
- Troubleshoot, configure and identify Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) interoperability problems
- Troubleshoot, configure and identify Personal Wireless Communication Systems (PWCS)
- Troubleshoot, configure and identify printer issues
- Troubleshoot, configure and identify operating systems software and application issues
- Knowledge of cryptologic devices
- Knowledge of switching protocols and infrastructure cable management design installation
- Participate in Management meetings, discussions, committees and special projects
- Will follow all required guidelines provided in T.O 00-33A-1001 General Cyberspace Support Activities Management Procedures and Practice Requirements
- Bachelors Degree and 4 + years of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for a degree.
- Current Secret clearance
- 1-3 years of experience as a Desktop Client Support Technician or similar role
- 1-3 years of experience with creating Trouble tickets and manage ticket queue by routing to appropriate work center (REMEDY and CIPS)
- 1-3 years of experience with troubleshooting software, hardware and network issues.
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M IAT Level II Certification.
- CompTIA A+ Certification, or CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Maintains currency of required ADLS training.
- Knowledge of configuration management and requirements on base level network systems
- Knowledge of DoD networks and DoD network limitations in an IT-related field
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- Microsoft Exam MD-100: Windows 10
- Microsoft Exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops
- Experience with Air Force ISR units
- Experience using relevant AF systems
- Knowledge of military policies and procedures relating to information technology
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.