The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Help Desk Technician at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
The Help Desk Technician collects, assembles, and assesses logistics information and sustainment requirements. CFP functions provide C2 for the production work centers on the behalf of the commander/flight commander. It functions in direct support of units’ operational mission, to include support of network systems (routers, switches, servers and desktop systems), and all other communications to maintain visibility of communications health indicators. The Help Desk Technician provides command and control of communications support activities.The Help Desk Technician evaluates and controls communications support requirements, trouble tickets, and directs timely corrective actions with assistance from production work centers. The Help Desk Technician will function as the primary interface with all external agencies to include base users, AF Network Operations organizations, and the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works independently to achieve on day-to-day tasks assigned.
- Communicates with internal and client members.
- Diagnosing computer errors and provide technical support.
- Draft informational messages in response to network communications outage/degradation
- Maintain network situational awareness
- Experience with creating Trouble tickets and manage ticket queue by routing to appropriate work center (REMEDY, IAO Express, and CIPS)
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and network issues.
- Train end-users how to setup and use new technologies.
- Backup and restore an organization's data files and systems.
- Install, configure and upgrade PC software and operating systems.
- Clean and repair computer hardware, such as keyboards and printers.
- Remote IT help desk technicians provide technical support over the phone or Web.
- Remote help desk technicians often use specialized help desk support software to take control of end-users' computers to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Troubleshoot, configure and identify operating systems software and application issues
- Knowledge of switching protocols and infrastructure cable management design installation
- Will follow all required guidelines provided in T.O 00-33A-1001 General Cyberspace Support Activities Management Procedures and Practice Requirements
- Bachelors Degree and 4+ years of related IT experience required . Additional related experience can substitute for a degree .
- Current TS/SCI with current Polygraph.
- 1+ years of experience as a Desktop Client Support Technician or similar role
- 1+ years of experience creating trouble tickets and manage ticket queue by routing to appropriate work center (REMEDY, IAO Express, CIPS)
- 1+ years of experience troubleshooting software, hardware and network issues.
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M IAT Level I Certification
- Maintains currency of required ADLS training
- Knowledge of configuration management and requirements on base level network systems
- Knowledge of DoD networks and DoD network limitations in an IT-related field
- A+ Certification
- Security+ Certification
- CCNA Certification
- Microsoft Exam MD-100: Windows 10
- Microsoft Exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops
- Experience with Air Force ISR units
- Knowledge of military policies and procedures relating to information technology
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.