Leidos has an opening for an Information Assurance Specialist at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
The IA Specialist will focus on the Wing Information Assurance (IA) office functions as the administering and works tasks assigned for Information Assurance (IA) program to include Emissions Security (EMSEC), Computer Security (COMPUSEC) and IA Awareness programs. The IA Specialist performs site accreditation surveys and route accreditation packages. The IA Specialist Initiates protective or corrective measures after an IA incident or vulnerability is discovered. The IA Specialist Ensures information system IA-related documentation is current and accessible. The IA Specialist assists all Wing organizations and tenants in developing and managing their IA program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives assigned within Information Assurance technical area.
- Evaluate modifications, exceptions, and deviations to information systems
- Assist in training designated organization representatives on COMPUSEC administrative processes
- Contribute updates to the COMPUSEC training program.
- Support all Wing ISSOs and privileged users in receiving necessary technical training and obtain cybersecurity certification
- Assist stakeholders (system administrators, network infrastructure personnel, programmers, etc.) with the identification, declaration, and documentation of ports, protocols, and services requirements.
- Ensures all AF IT cybersecurity-related documentation is current
- Gather applicable updated network architecture and cybersecurity configuration artifacts
- Review/update controls/poa&ms and provide Authorization to Operate (ATO) to government for submittal
- Review/update system security plan to government for annual approval process
- Identify, track and manage required documents and provide to the government to allow the creation, revalidation and decertifying of TEMPEST package
- Participate in internal and client project teams. Work to implement solution designs and/or processes.
- Participate in management meetings, discussions, committees and special projects.
- Apply knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across NIPR/SIPR networks that meet the unit’s needs.
- Will follow required guidelines provided in T.O 00-33A-1001 General Cyberspace Support Activities Management Procedures and Practice Requirements
- Bachelors Degree and 8 + years of related experience. Additional years of experience can substitute for a degree .
- Current TS/SCI with current Polygraph
- Information Assurance DoD 8570.01-M, IAM Level II or III Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional Certification (CISSP)
- 5+ years of experience with security policies and procedures
- 3+ years of experience with systems security evaluations, audits and reviews
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring and tracking controlled access programs to ensure implementation and viability of appropriate systems security policies
- Knowledge of Emissions Security (EMSEC) and Computer Security (COMPUSEC) programs
- Knowledge of the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) program
- Experience with IT certification and accreditation systems (eMASS/XACTA)
- Maintains currency of required ADLS and/or INSCOM trainings
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience with using tickets in (REMEDY and CIPS)
- Knowledge of DoD networks and DoD network limitations in an IT-related field
- Experience with Air Force ISR units
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.