The Rosy Boa contract has an immediate opening for an Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) in Herndon, Virginia. The successful candidate will provide Security Engineering support for a portfolio of AWS projects. Responsibilities include ICD 503 documentation, technical controls implementation and recommendations, security compliance for projects, auditing, and encryption implementation and compliance for various levels of data. Technical working knowledge of Cloud Security guidelines required, i.e., Key Management, Security Overlay implementation, and encryption implementation. The candidate will be required to produce high quality documentation to support the A&A submissions. Experience in AWS, Unix, Security Engineering, Encryption, and networking desired.
- Supporting A&A throughout the life-cycle of novel and ongoing projects
- Managing and updating A&A packages
- Managing continuous monitoring efforts (vulnerability scanning, logging tools, etc.)
- Leading remediation activities (POA&Ms)
- Coordinating security/risk assessment activities
- Performing system analysis and providing recommendations for compliance/risk management
- Working with the team on new and potential projects by analyzing requirements and providing specific guidance on security needs and potential roadblocks
- Providing expertise and recommending improvements to improve the security posture for systems
- Providing advice on changes that could affect the A&A of systems
- Keeping up to date on enterprise-wide security guidance that can affect projects
- Requires a Bachelor degree and at least 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Requires an active TS/SCI with poly to be considered
- 5 years’ experience leading efforts to achieve ATO through the A&A process
- Strong writing ability to produce clear, concise, high quality documentation to support the A&A submissions
- AWS Cloud Systems Operations, recent success moving applications to the cloud
- Utilizing cyber security controls to ensure access security once moved to the cloud
- Information Assurance Methodology
- Experience using customer security tracking databases
- Experienced in ISSO responsibilities within the Community
- Demonstrated experience with oral and written communication skills – the ability to communicate information and ideas in a manner that is understandable, responsive, and customer-focused.
- Demonstrated experience identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrated experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in providing customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and scheduling to achieve project milestones and goals.
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office to include PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Confluence and JIRA.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.