Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
The United States Space Force (USSF) Enterprise requires advanced persistent cyber defenses against nation state threats to operations. The USSF is leading the effort in defensive cyber operations and continues to codify command and control (C2) roles and responsibilities to facilitate rapid identification / reporting / response of anomalous cyber activity within the space enterprise and integrate threat-based intelligence at all operational levels. SMC/ECXCO is designated as the responsible office to provide enterprise level DCO capability to the Space Enterprise.
These capabilities are to be provided by Leidos via a small Agile SW Development team, co-located with the SMC/EXCO customer in Colorado Springs, CO. This is a full time position that must work at a customer location and no telework is allowed.
- Demonstrate the ability to support SMC/ECXCO’s prototyping effort to stand up and sustain a DevSecOps pipeline over 18 months.
- Exposure to developing hardened code following industry best practices and in accordance with applicable DoD and DISA policy and guidelines.
- Participate in Sprint planning and sizing activities.
- Develop system capabilities and unit tests in support of Sprint release commitments.
- All work is done at the unclassified FOUO security level.
- Assist in developing system interfaces and supporting micro service components to meet integrated system objectives.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Requires a BS and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, 6 plus years of experience may be considered.
- Agile software development experience (SAFe expertise is desirable)
- Experience developing APIs and working with integration brokers such as Kafka and non-traditional database technology is desirable
- Experience in DevSecOps CI/CD build automation tools is desirable
- Collaborative and intellectual curiosity in support of team oriented efforts and skill development
- Defensive Cybersecurity Domain expertise – specifically in working with sensor and system audit tool output formats (both file and APIs)
- ITSM tools domain expertise – specifically in working with CMDB, ticket, and system uptime and performance monitoring output formats
- An active Secret Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.