Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Learning Management System (LMS) Specialist in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered. The selected individual will serve as the Blackboard System Administrator, Genius SIS System Administrator, and Joomla System Administrator to implement the LMS for the Air Force Cryptologic Office. The LMS Specialist will be responsible for managing and maintaining the current Joomla CMS infrastructure located in AWS and migrating the data to the new Blackboard LMS that has been integrated with Genius SIS.
The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Air Force Cryptologic Office’s (AFCO) LMS, including maintenance, support, and training. Will coordinate with the Advance Analysis and Training Branch to create new programs and courses, and drive improvements and innovations related to the delivery of AFCO Cryptologic programs. A successful candidate will be detail oriented, creative, innovative, and have a commitment to quality.
The LMS Specialist will continually enhance and improve the learning environments used by AFCO and investigate ways in which AFCO can improve efficiencies through integrations, plug-ins, and other system add-ons. With an existing catalog of over 65 training applications/programs and a plan to produce plenty new training applications/programs each year, this role will require hands-on implementation, integration, and administration. Additionally, the right candidate will not just support the LMS in its current state – but also constantly look for ways to improve the student/user experience as they are engaged in learning.
We are looking for someone that wants to work alongside amazing people while helping to maintain and create great applications and experiences making a difference each day. We promote a culture of accountability, integrity, and collaboration and our team members have an opportunity to develop and grow professionally.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for administrating the LMS platform, as well as helping other LMS Administrators, Instructors, and Students do the same within the AFCO Blackboard/Genius SIS environment.
- Serve as the first point of contact for Blackboard Learn and Genius SIS users seeking assistance over the phone or e-mail.
- Manages the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Learning Management System (LMS) by collaborating with a team of eLearning and development/production professionals including maintaining the LMS content quality, version control and archival information
- Provides end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance and escalation management. Monitors reoccurring issues, system/data or process gaps and proactively identify potential sources of increased efficiency and enhancements
- Develops, builds and maintains all elements related to LMS functionality, including but not limited to content integrations and creation, curriculum programs, LMS structure, and reporting.
- Develops standardized LMS operational processes and procedures, guidelines and documentation and ensures LMS governance model is being followed.
- Identifies new interfaces and features for LMS applications
- Provides analysis of user data to suggest features and areas of focus
- Configures the set-up of the new LMS, migrating the data from the current CMS to the new LMS. Maintain the current CMS (in Joomla and AWS) until the new LMS is operational.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to improve business operations, administrative functions and end-user experiences in the LMS
- Leads and manages the integration of new e-learning applications
- Responsible for creating user logins and managing user permissions and roles.
- Creates and manages user structures including the creation of user groups and learning cohorts.
- Manages course enrollment including progress tracking.
- Builds and maintains all AFCO LMS integrations, components, plug-ins and connected products (ex. Amazon Web Services, API integration).
- Serves as a training resource to Student Services personnel who perform daily/regular functions within the LMS. Ensure best practices are presented and maintained.
- Ensures that training content is running properly at all times within the various learning platforms - without interruption, quality degradation, and without experiencing any avoidable technical issues that could diminish the overall user experience.
- Supervisees, interacts with, and serves as the liaison between 3rd Party vendors.
- Leads technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the LMS infrastructure.
- Manages LMS vendor relationship and stays abreast of all software updates/enhancements, performs advanced review of release notes, conducts proper testing of all features prior to rollout in production, and prepares for all users for upcoming changes.
- Performs/oversees all system administrator tasks on learning management systems.
- Provides administrative reporting to management as assigned.
- Maintains and operates various technologies used in the delivery of instructional and/or interactive programs and courses.
- Collaborates with team to research and recommend training delivery technologies and evaluate existing e-learning solutions for future development opportunities.
- Collaborates with the application development team to decide which areas of training to develop and how they should be delivered.
- Works with team to modify instructional materials and identify opportunities to improve the overall effectiveness of training.
- Develops and project manages highly complex training projects relating to LMS improvement, course delivery, and content creation.
- Helps ensure training materials, resources, and tools meet learning objectives.
- Provides LMS training and support to internal and external staff, students, and users.
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Depth of knowledge in both the overall Blackboard LMS Administrator tasks and Genius SIS Administrator tasks, as well as in the very technical software and internet components of administrating an LMS.
- Must have Administrator Experience in Blackboard Learn
- Must have Administrator Experience in Genius SIS
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in web software development and design, including responsive design and understanding of full software development lifecycle
- Experience working in the AWS Cloud environment
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience with Blackboard LMS platform and eLearning/Instructional design principles, Joomla CMS
- Understanding of eLearning standards including SCORM, AICC, and xAPI
- MUST have demonstrated expertise and proficiency with LMS/CMS systems, and must have an interest in emerging technologies
- Experience with cloud-based applications
- Knowledge of database software or relational database theory; experience using Blackboard data (loading data into Snowflake)
- Ability to navigate complex projects
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization and with different levels of technological understanding
- Highly conscientious, action oriented and focused on high quality end products
- Coursework and/or certification relating to learning managements systems administration is preferred
- Ability to provide a portfolio of projects and/or case studies is a plus
- Good knowledge of design principles, patterns, and latest design trends with a strong eye for web typography, color, and layout
- Knowledge of the practical capabilities of HTML/CSS/JS
- Content Design and/or Content Management Experience (UI/UX)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.