The Lead Information Assurance Manager will lead a team of 10-20 IA professionals providing security services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on the SENS3 contract located in Lorton VA. These services are in support of the mission to security the DHS classified networks – both Top Secret (CLAN) and Secret (HSDN).
This individual will either be an experienced and highly skilled, multi-disciplined IA professional with sufficient skills in project operations
– OR –
an experienced and highly skilled operations manager with a sufficient understanding of multiple cybersecurity disciplines to provide direction to IA professionals in the timely completion of high quality IA deliverables.
- Providing performance management for 10-20 engineers to include hiring, recognition, timesheet approvals, and compliance with any Corporate initiatives such as Annual Training.
- Providing a single point of contact for Information Assurance tasks and issues supporting the DHS ISSOs, ISSMs, and SCAs for the corresponding DHS POCs for CLAN and HSDN
- Providing security services to support periodic accreditation efforts for the DHS CLAN and HSDN networks
- Maintaining ~1000 site security plans in support of contractual service level agreements (SLAs) for annual assessments
- Performing compliance and vulnerability scanning and remediation in conjunction with SENS3 engineering while maintaining POAMs to track remediation efforts
- Performing scans on enterprise software using tools such as Fortify and Webinspect
- Performing patch management with Engineering to ensure that IAVAs are supported on a timely basis and ensure excellent performance against contractual service level agreements
- Maintaining enterprise configuration management to include maintaining approved product lists (APLs), providing timely VAM support for requests for change evaluations, ensuring 100% compliant and accurate RFC charging, and support for any associated configuration management tools.
- Knowledge management support for the information assurance effort to include sharepoint site administration, deliverable archiving, and any other associated knowledge artifacts
- Providing support to include maintaining licenses for relevant cybersecurity tools
- Evaluation of new cybersecurity technology that may be leveraged for the SENS3 network
- Support of communication security (COMSEC) by tracking the network encryption technology deployments and rotating keys on an annual basis (optional role)
- Providing subject matter expertise to resolve difficult security challenges that arise during operations
- FISMA compliance reporting
- Provide support to yearly compliance audits
- Providing regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to be consolidated by the PM for SENS3 reporting
- Possess a minimum of a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- A BS degree and eight years of prior relevant experience in multiple applicable Cybersecurity disciplines. Four years of additional applicable industry experience will suffice in lieu of the degree.
- A CISSP or equivalent certification that demonstrates a solid understanding of the cybersecurity domain and ability to provide clear execution focus to information assurance engineers
- Ability to obtain a DHS EOD (Entrance on Duty)
- Demonstrated ability to manage the work of 10-20 highly skilled engineers
- Demonstrated skills in operations management and/or program management
- The ability to build an efficient team that delivers on-time with quality, and build/maintain morale
- An advanced degree in a STEM program
- Prior DHS experience
- A CISSP certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.