Leidos has an immediate need for a Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Engineer to join our DHS Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) Team. The ideal SOAR Engineer will work in a cross-functional capacity to identify, propose, design, develop, implement, integrate, and maintain security. The SOAR Engineer must be a cybersecurity and technical expert with the ability to clearly identify, capture, articulate, design, implement, and maintain security operations uses cases, including developing integration code to provide interoperability between disparate IT and security solutions and infrastructure components. The SOAR Engineer must have a solid background in cybersecurity technologies, including deploying enterprise platforms, conducting demonstrations, creating product documentation, training security analysts, and sustaining enterprise technology services. Additionally, the engineer must have a solid understanding of security operations, incident response, threat management, and enterprise IT and security engineering. The SOAR Engineers provide expert support for the analysis, development and integration of the Swimlane SOAR Platform along with providing technical expertise to operational users. Works on complex technical problems and provides innovative solutions. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Design, implement, and maintain Swimlane infrastructure Develop and maintain custom Swimlane application for ESOC IR workflow (e.g. create custom application to automate intel gathering)
- Develop and maintain Swimlane Case Management system to support an Enterprise ticketing system.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Swimlane problem identification and resolution
- Create and maintain user, administrator, engineering, and compliance/accreditation documentation
- Manage and implement integration between components, ESOC, and security tools (e.g. send/receive data from component Swimlane, establish API connection with ESOC and OneNet network security stack, etc)
- Work with external teams to establish service accounts and/or API access
- Quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in writing and network diagrams/illustrations
- Ensure SOAR capabilities are operational and developed to anticipate infrastructure growth.
- The candidate shall have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 12 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity.
- Of above experience, at least 2 years must be in SOAR Solution Engineering
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
- Experience with SOAR platforms such as Swimlane, Phantom, Demisto, etc
- Expert proficiency in Python scripting
- Experience deploying in high availability environments using Kubernetes
- Experience managing and maintaining MongoDB
- General networking knowledge to include operation of routers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, subnetting, VPNs and Web Proxies
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Swimlane Certified SOAR Administrator (SCSA)
- Swimlane Certified SOAR Developer (SCSD)
- Proven experience deploying and supporting Swimlane
- Experience in security process mapping, security process analysis, security process improvement concepts, models, and best practices
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.