The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Case Administrator to work at our Herndon, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support a dynamic fast paced business office. This position will focused on reducing the backlog of open cases for the program. Communication and the ability to work across organizations with other components is critical in reducing the overall backlog. The right candidate will perform a combination of Technician and Case Management tasks through their full lifecycle and must be able to work as an individual performer as well as in a team environment.
- Oversee process of the declassification of documents related to Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act, Mandatory Declassification requests cases, from beginning to end.
- Perform case management duties that include Opening and Closing of case files, creating cases, creating and maintaining physical files, documenting all correspondence and coordinating with Sponsor components to identify equities as well as those of other government agencies.
- Responsible for supporting and working with the customer in setting up and maintaining a spreadsheet of open cases and determining case status in the workflow and subsequently reaching out to internal and external components or other government agencies to determine the status of pending document reviews with those offices/agencies.
- Organize documents in preparation for declassification review and correctly assign these items to the proper equity holder.
- Act as a liaison for all other components as well as other government agencies involved in the process.
- Write response letters and other memorandums as requested by the Sponsor that explains the Sponsor's decisions and ensure responses are accurate and comply with federal statutes and Sponsor policies.
- Communicate both orally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage a high volume of cases varying in complexity.
- Conduct desktop research and analyze results to determine the relevance of a new search or whether the requested records have been previously declassified and/or released.
- Record decisions in the Sponsor's automated systems or on hardcopy forms as required.
- Coordinate intra and inter organizational referrals.
- Receiving and shipping of classified and unclassified mail/packages weighing up to 10 lbs, to include opening and closing of case preparation and mailing of final notification of processed packages to end users.
- Supporting litigation unit by assembling the final packages and ensuring all documentation is correct and ensuring no classified material is assembled in the correspondence and released/mailed.
- Perform the duties of a Data Transfer Officer (DTO) as necessary.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
- Experience with E.O. 12958, Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act, with a successful track record of showing initiative and the desire for professional growth, will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in computer utilization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customers. Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customers as well as the ability to develop good rapport with outside liaisons.
- Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses, presentations, etc. in a clear and concise manner.
- Well-developed critical thinking skills and an excellent focus on/to detail is a must have skills set.
- Ability to exercise discretion and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and manage multiple priorities in a deadline environment.
- Familiar with classified information levels and restrictions
- Ability to work in a team environment and get along well with people at all levels.
- Must have Extensive knowledge in the use of MS Office, the Internet, and other internal applications necessary to complete routine and moderately complex tasks.
- Ability to apply a strong customer focus orientation to understand customer requirements.
- Must have an understanding of security requirements and be able to adhere to them.
- Previous experience supporting public information release programs or prior experience working with the Sponsor.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.