Provides management of the Distributive Learning and Learning Technology Integration for Leidos in support of Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) – Training Delivery Services contract. Develops strategic plans for Distributive Learning Delivery and the integration of Learning Technologies in support of the Center for Domestic Preparedness – Training Delivery Services contract. Responsible development and delivery of Distributive Learning, to include but not limited to: Virtual Instructor-Led Delivery (VILD), Distance Learning, Pod Casts, Emergency Management Simulations, Live-Virtual-Constructive Integrated Architecture Training and Exercise support and/ or blended learning modalities. The Distributive Learning Training Manager will provide curriculum support for the development of new and/or adaptation of existing CDP courses. The DLTM must: be a certified CDP instructor; have a minimum of ten years documented experience in the management of an accredited distance learning program; possess an in-depth knowledge of Instructional Systems Design; and, have a proven record of developing disaster preparedness curriculum for DHS or FEMA.
- Establish online classroom delivery using different distributive learning methods and technologies.
- Reviews instructor qualifications for Distributive Learning Delivery
- Coordinates with Leidos and CDP Training and Exercise Management Leadership.
- Communicates with Centralized Scheduling for Distributive Instructor assignments.
- Supports and directs cross training of instructional staff to maximize instructor resources for Distributive Learning Delivery.
- Provides supervision of assigned personnel.
- Supports Employee Recognition Program by formulating recommendations for instructional and support teams quarterly awards and encouraging spot award recommendations from course managers.
- Mentors new course managers/assistant course managers.
- Ensures that all assigned employees are provided with professional development opportunities consistent with the individual’s needs as well as those of the organization.
- Plans and conducts weekly course manager meetings to ensure timely communication and resolution of issues within the Distributive Learning operations.
- Works closely with Leidos staff and subcontractors to ensure Distributive Learning production quality and cost controls.
- Works closely with the FEMA customer in the development of distributive learning strategies, opportunities and innovations.
- Reviews and analyzes course outcomes to include weekly After Action Reports, ongoing Quality Analysis/Quality Control of courses, and annual curriculum reviews.
- Develops, reviews, and revises policies pertaining to Distributive Training delivery.
- Manages course managers, instructors and support staff assigned to the Distributive Learning.
- Provides supportive documentation of evaluation decisions.
- Selects, interviews, and recommends the selection of employee candidates for the Distributive Learning requirements to the PM for hiring actions.
- Maintains knowledge base as a subject matter expert in distributive learning.
- Interfaces regularly with national, state, and local officials to assess the effectiveness of the CDP Distributive Learning Delivery Program and the training techniques, procedures and technologies.
- Adheres to and enforces company policies and procedures; meets established deadlines.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Travels in support of Leidos and/or CDP Distributive Learning requirements.
- Distributive Learning Training Manager may also instruct, lecture, or facilitate practical exercises within area of expertise as schedule permits.
- Performs other duties as assigned and as necessary for effective operations.
- Master’s degree(s) in Emergency Management, Adult Education, Information Technology, Distributive Learning, or related field.
- 10+ years of documented experience in the management of an accredited distance learning program; possess an in-depth knowledge of Instructional Systems.
- 5+ years of administration/management/supervisory experience is required.
- Be a certified CDP instructor.
- Experience developing disaster preparedness curriculum for DHS or FEMA.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the following areas: licensing and copyright laws and regulations; with college, state, and federal codes, guidelines, and policies, including accreditation standards, copyright and intellectual property rights, and Section 508 compliance.
- Professional certification in area of practice.
- Functional knowledge of the National Response Framework, National Incident Management System (NIMS), Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) and the tiered response of an incident of national importance.
- Knowledgeable of website design, Distributive Learning technologies and computer programs.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish working relationships with diverse groups, to include professional organizations and universities.
- Ability to work independently, organizes work projects, and completes tasks within assigned timeframes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, especially as it pertains to sensitive materials.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Must be located within a one-hour drive of Anniston, Alabama, the location of the CDP.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- PHD in ; Emergency Management, Adult Education, Information Technology, Distributive Learning, or Related field,
- 15+ years of documented experience in the management of an accredited distance learning program; possess an in-depth knowledge of Instructional Systems.
- 10+ years of administration/management/supervisory experience is required.
- Possess teaching certification/ university faculty appointment or teaching degree with 10+ years of teaching experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.