Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Systems Requirement Engineer to join a growing Development and Engineering team working on multiple information systems in a high-demand setting ensuring the uninterrupted and secure day to day operation of the NOAA cyber security program. The Systems Engineer will generate system requirements, based on the users' needs and other constraints. The Systems Engineer will perform cost-benefit analyses to determine if requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of open source, COTS, or already developed components. The Systems Engineer reports to the Chief Security Architect thorough team lead and supports individual project teams. The Systems Engineer will use his/her self-motivation to show initiative to identify, research, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the IT Services provided for the NOAA cyber security program.
Specific roles and responsibilities for the Systems Requirement Engineer position includes but not limited to the following:
- Manage technical requirements baseline, provides system engineering resources to project and activity teams, and maintains the engineering work product templates
- Serves as liaison between technology and business end-users
- Elicits requirements from NOAA SOC stakeholders. Translates, simplifies and analyzes the feasibility of requirements to promote business process and solution design efficiency
- Translates conceptual user needs into functional business requirements in a clear manner to development teams
- Provide proposal support and write white papers that document evaluation activities and recommendations for technology insertion
- Consults with customers to develop process workflows reflecting business process requirements
- Verifies solutions align with requirements
- Conducts reviews to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications to project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders
- Formulates, documents and verifies user stories, acceptance criteria, process workflows, and mockups
- Supports the development of release notes, user guides, training materials, etc.
- Participates in the implementation, and provides post-implementation support
- Support Change Management process
- Typically requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Proficient in requirements analysis and design methodologies; documentation standards; configuration management; IT test and evaluation requirements; real-time operating systems,
- Experience in supporting IT projects and working knowledge of Engineering Processes and Best Practices
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal and information gathering skills and the ability to relate well to others at all levels throughout the organization
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and successfully manage competing/changing priorities
- Requires ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with creating engineering documents, metrics, processes, templates and training materials.
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents
- Primary: Fairmont, WV - will also consider Silver Spring , MD and Boulder CO locations
- Remote Telework Possibilities
- Occasional travel is required (less than 10%)
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance or be able to obtain clearance before starting position
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.