The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Systems Administrator to work in our Chantilly, Virginia office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your management skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings.
This Systems Administrator is responsible for effective design of systems hardware and software as it relates to ITEMS UFS Infrastructure. This includes system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures designed to support customers IT system confidentiality, integrity and availability. Although specialization is valued, on this team, we are seeking an individual who is open to cross training and ensuring the entire team obtains the knowledge, skills and abilities in order to develop a comprehensive expertise across the team. Authors and maintains SOPs, knowledge articles and other necessary artifacts to educate customers and team members on process and procedures. This Engineer works with management to improve performance and anticipate customers’ needs with innovative recommendations.
Assigns privileges, maintains system security, troubleshoots system and software problems; establishes and updates procedures and documentation. Performs daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues. Assist server teams in hardware/software integration; investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibilities. Monitor system daily for proper operation, performs routine system preventative and restorative maintenance. Candidate must be able to work independently and in a group environment. Maintain appropriate level of technical competency in areas of responsibility to recommend appropriate system upgrades. Experience with cloud and the NGA mission, programs and facilities are preferred.
• Provide on-call support as required to ensure availability of mission critical services such as authentication, Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP and access to network resources.
• Responsible for resolving a wide range of issues and complex technical problems or system failures; experienced troubleshooting skills that display ingenuity and creativity.
• Represents the organization as the primary technical contact interacting with senior external personnel on highly technical multi-agency coordinative efforts during technical reviews, exchanges, root cause analysis and special projects.
• Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to an assignment; work completion is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired outcomes/results.
• Guides successful completion of major programs and infrastructure improvements; functions in a project leadership role to ensure timely execution, efficient governance of resources and technical execution.
• Develop documentation such as SOPs, various reports, Knowledge Articles, architecture maps, and other references, technical plans or supporting documentation as requested.
• Candidate must have considerable technical expertise and familiarity with other related disciplines such as Networks, Security, IT Policy, Knowledge Management, PII, and handling compartmentalized classified information on networks.
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills, strong communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly grasp and set priorities in a fast paced, and highly flexible environment
• Ability to work with a diverse team and provide technical direction/oversight, coordinating and scheduling preventative maintenance & outages while mitigating impact to client.
• Must be highly self-motivated requiring little oversight or direction.
• Qualified individuals will have experience in designing solutions for one or more of the following areas:
• Desktop Image Management
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
• Home Directory and Profile Support Services
• Print Server Services (Print, Fax, and Scan)
• Unified communication Support services
• Email Support Services
• Desktop Software Support Services
• Desktop entity Support Services
• Domain Services
• Directory, Authentication and Account Management
• Domain Name Services (DNS)
• Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Patch Management (Windows)
• Current DoD 8570 Certification, primary certification is Security+
• Requires Bachelors Degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Experience in lieu of degree.
• NOTE: Resumes can be submitted with related technical disciplines coupled with higher level of education and fewer years of experience if indicates equivalent or preferred expertise
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016
• Knowledge of Linux servers
• Knowledge of DNS principles
• Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as required. Must be able to communicate by phone and in person with customers and appropriate organizations.
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance and willing to take a CI polygraph..
• AWS Certification
• BIND DNS training/certification
• BlueCat DNS training
• Linux Certification
• Microsoft Server Certification
• Scripting experience
• Domain Admin Experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.