The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer to work with our group in Alexandria, Virginia.
In this position you will provide systems engineering and integration support to enhance US capability to conduct and to assess offensive operations against WMD targets through the development of advanced technologies, with a focus on unmanned aerial systems and counter-weapons of mass destruction (WMD) sensor development and payload integration
- Provide expertise in defense acquisitions and development processes, and technical expertise in the areas of unmanned systems, leading-edge unmanned technologies in platforms and sensors, integration of payloads onto those systems, and related technologies, as well as expertise in covert sensing of CBRN threats and development of WMD detection and defeat technologies.
- Use this expertise to support planning and execution of project portfolio activities, including requirements analysis, functional analysis, systems analysis, and control. Perform technical management activities to measure program progress and to document decisions; evaluate alternative approaches to satisfy technical requirements and program objectives.
- Perform control activities including risk management, configuration management, and performance-based progress measurement.
- Define system architectures, integrating schedule among subsystem developers.
- Develop strategies to test and verify systems and make recommendations to improve testing and operational demonstration.
- Document and analyze test data. Develop strategies and materials for transition of systems to operators.
- Support to PM including the ability to respond to urgent taskings quickly and to analyze complex technical problems.
- Four-year BS/BA degree from accredited college with experience overseeing performers for a government project manager (PM), communicating the PM’s requirements to the performer, and assisting the PM in tracking a performer’s cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Four years or more of direct related experience
- Experience reporting to the PM on meetings and teleconferences, providing detailed notes and verbal briefings concisely and clearly.
- Top Secret clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI access,
- Familiarity with procedures for working with classified information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially with presentations in PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, sometimes to oversee outdoor tests in austere conditions.
- Familiarity with military organizations and agencies, especially with SOCOM, DTRA, and/or the intelligence community, is extremely helpful.
- Familiarity with Department of Defense procurement and acquisition and the roles and responsibilities of systems engineering and integration, and comfort with military customs and courtesies, are also very helpful.
- Masters degree preferred, broad experience with small unmanned aerial systems desired. Familiarity and experience with chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) science and technology also desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.