- The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a Principal, Subcontracts Administrator to support its Airborne Solutions Operation. This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) subcontract management activities for various US and International government programs. Responsible for developing, negotiating and administering subcontract agreements of moderate to high dollar value risk, creativity and complexity. Responsibilities include creating solicitations for work, analyzing and estimating costs, negotiating specifications and/or statements of work, pricing, period of performance and contractual deliverables and provisions. Also ensures compliance with contract specifications and deliverables during the life of the contract.
- The selected candidate must have experience in assisting line management to build strong cross-functional and diverse socio-economic subcontractor teams to ensure compliance with all small business goals and objectives as outlined in Government solicitations. Must also be able to create individual subcontracting plans as required in the solicitations.
- The selected candidate with have extensive experience dealing with opportunities overseas covering multiple regions and countries. Experience in dealing with international or foreign countries is also desired.
- The selected candidate will be a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery, quality and service.
- Manage supplier performance from issuance of order through close out.
- Interface with Contracts Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving, and Program Management.
- Interacts with Supplier's Contract Representative and Executive Management.
- May be a team lead for junior staff members.
- Review Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ)/Request for Proposal (RFP) and identify sources eligible to receive RFQ/RFP for complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
- Evaluate suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact find suppliers' proposals.
- Lead the source selection team for competitive procurements.
- Perform a cost and/or price analyses to determine price reasonableness.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on price, schedule, and terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
- Make subcontract awards to suppliers and document the subcontract folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures, including strategic agreements.
- Manage supplier performance during the performance, including but not limited to following-up delivery schedule, process invoices and Subcontract Data Requirements (SDRL) and/or resolve any contractual issues.
- Perform subcontract close out.
- Provide proposal support and prepare a Small Business Subcontracting Plan.
- Self-Starter with problem solving skills, proficient in the government acquisition process with a strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency supplements, such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visible and critical tasks simultaneously, excellent organization , negotiations, communication (oral and written) skills, and ability to mentor, motivate and influence staff of varying levels of experience.
- Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- General experience in Subcontract Administration may be considered as a substitute for education requirements.
- Experience with multiple Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting types: Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and General Service Administration (GSA) type contracts.
- Ability to lead the review and analysis of RFP's, prepare compliant and complete cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos’s interests during negotiations and subcontract administration.
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures.
- Familiar with Deltek systems
- International experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.