Leidos is seeking a highly capable and independent Project Manager with the proven ability to successfully plan and execute multi-disciplinary projects and deliver consistent high-quality results. The Project Manager will support the National Science Foundation’s expansive scientific research on the continent of Antarctica.
Project managers are expected to be experts in the requirements, health, status, and progress of assigned projects, with the ability to deliver high-quality executive status briefings to senior leadership and US Government stakeholders. This position will lead highly complex projects in both technical and logistical areas.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead multiple projects and teams through the entire lifecycle, from requirements gathering and stakeholder identification, to project planning, execution and closeout.
- Manage and integrate day-to-day execution of project activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure satisfactory technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Identify project risks and new technical solutions, and escalate project challenges when appropriate.
- Serve as primary customer and company contact for assigned projects, and navigate a matrixed organization to find resources and support needed to ensure project success and end-user and client satisfaction.
- Interface with functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel to ensure project success.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a project manager role, or a Master’s degree and 8 years’ experience in a project management role.
- Experience in supporting state or federal government programs/projects.
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience successfully establishing and managing project budgets and schedules.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in procurement management to include: contracting types, negotiations, and development of SOW’s, RFI’s, and RFP’s.
- In-depth understanding and experience using Earned Value Management.
- PMP Certification
- 5 years' experience supporting state or federal government projects in satellite design and operations of satellite communications systems and/or related ground segment facilities.
- Experience supporting NASA, NSF, or other government agencies.
- Working knowledge of facilities design and construction methodologies and practices.
- DoD MILSATCOM operations, and/or experience with international satellite communications service providers and suppliers.
- ITIL concepts, and/or basic IP computer networking theory is a plus.
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management (approximately 3 to 8 weeks / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.