- The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing analytical products that support key US national security and foreign policy objectives on CT issues.
- Relevant exposure to US foreign policy, national security CT objectives, and the intragency coordination process is required.
- intelligence and collaborating with analysts and senior managers, is required.
- The candidate must possess critical thinking skills and knowledge of national security classification procedures.
- The position is part of a team that supports operations against high priority targets.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, review of operational traffic, drafting substantive targeting operational cables, to include devising targeting information from multiple classified databases and media exploitation.
- Officers should have a keen sense for identifying and evaluating operational processes and success; ability to drive HUMINT operations through written products and briefings to senior USG officers.
- The candidate must have strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to coordinate effectively with various offices and agencies in the US Intelligence Community.
- Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills, including a proven track record of reviewing finished
- ACTIVE TS/SCI w/ Polygraph.
- Candidates must be familiar with cable and IC report writing styles.
- Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision.
- Candidates must be familiar with cable and IC report writing styles and specific USG classified databases and targeting applications.
- Requires a BA degree and/or 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Editing experience and must possess excellent writing skills.
- Analysis experience, cable writing, previous experience with cell phone network, global satellite imaging and must possess excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is preferred.
- Experience editing data visualizations and graphics is preferred.
- Familiarity with a foreign language is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.