Leidos is looking for a senior Simulation Systems Integration and Test (I&T) Lead to staff a development position offsite at a commercial Orlando facility. This position will provide key direction, guidance, advice, solutions and technical assessments to the plans, test processes/procedures and solutions being proposed for the Synthetic Training environment technical framework and applications. The position will provide support across the STE architecture to define and implement a common, standardized test approach and process for a framework of applications that include support for complex data, voice, audio, war-gaming, modelling & simulation and systems development capabilities. Position will function within a team of other senior engineers and Government customers, providing guidance to a distributed and diverse group of organizations and developers to define and develop the next generation of training capabilities based on a modern gaming engine and supporting the entire breadth of the military contemporary operating environment.
The Simulation Training System I&T Lead will coordinate within a team of other senior staff to provide the subject matter expertise to define, design, and develop the processes, infrastructure and procedures necessary to support the emerging architecture and system development for STE. The I&T Lead will be a part of a senior staff of engineers providing team leadership, technical innovation, and hands-on technical direction to software and system engineers involved with validation and verification of requirements that are a result of the system programming and solutions to the most complex and difficult challenges. The I&T Lead will be the point person to explain, defend and convince stakeholders of the efficacy of the test solutions being proposed and supporting program approvals for the technical direction being taken. The I&T Lead will support the Lead Engineer and Architect to defend test and process/procedure decisions to nontechnical leadership and speak with a unified strategy to obtain buy in from all stakeholders and concurrence on the planned courses of action.
Specific actions include:
- Plan and coordinate Technical Assessments (TA) and User Assessments (UA) held at the TIF. This includes development of event plans, coordination and conduct of planning meetings, coordination across partners and with the government, and executing logistics for the actual event in cooperation with the government team
- Plan and coordinate of interim assessment events/touchpoints
- Develop the processes and procedures for preparation and conduct of integration events / activities
- Develop and maintain the Integration and Testing Roadmap and Plan for the CSE lead effort which includes the schedule and plan for TA’s, UA’s and touchpoints with other STE support capabilities including OWT, RVCT, and other STE components
- Develop integrated test procedures between the STE vendors
- Successful candidates must possess an active DOD Secret clearance at time of start of employment and maintain it throughout the program execution.
- Candidates are required to possess a BS in Computer Science or related fields; with at least 12 years of demonstrated experience in the Test and Integration of Software and System Applications and have specific examples on successful programs which deployed Modeling and Simulation Applications into a user environment.
- Experience within a Development Test Environment is considered essential and candidates for this position need to have at least 12 years of experience in Simulation Software Test and/or Development.
- Additional demonstrated knowledge of Software Test Lab Infrastructure, Process and Procedure Implementation is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering, having more than 15 years of relevant experience, demonstrate experience with DOD Campaign-Level Modelling and Simulation, previous experience on Active Duty and who have existing hands-on experience within the current military Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming Training Environment.
- Preference will also be given to someone who can demonstrate a relevant experience with Cybersecurity concerns and who have been active within a DevSecOps environment for Software Development.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.