Leidos is looking for a Senior Network and System Administrator to lead the effort to define, develop and implement a SecDevOps solution that involves multiple locations in and around the Orlando area. This position will provide key direction, guidance, advice, solutions and technical assessments to the overall network engineering support and infrastructure. Position will be responsible for the planning, design and evaluation of network and server architectures, evaluating the technologies and processes needed to support planning, development, testing and solutions being proposed for the Agile-based Secure Develop Operations (SecDevOps) Synthetic Training environment. The position will provide support across the STE architecture to define and implement a common, standardized SecDevOps approach and process for a framework of applications that include support for complex data, voice, audio, war-gaming, modelling & simulation and systems development capabilities. Position will function within a team of other senior engineers and Government customers, providing guidance to a distributed and diverse group of organizations and developers to define and develop the next generation of training capabilities based on a modern gaming engine and supporting the entire breadth of the military contemporary operating environment.
The Simulation Training System SecDevOps Lead will coordinate within a team of other senior staff to provide the subject matter expertise, guidance, recommendations and decisions necessary to define, design, and implement the network and server architecture, processes, infrastructure and procedures necessary to support the emerging architecture and system development for STE. The SecDevOps Lead will be a part of a senior staff of engineers providing team leadership, technical innovation, and hands-on technical direction to software and system engineers involved with the execution of all planning and process implementation of SecDevOps activities within the program development under the defined Agile framework. The SecDevOps Lead will be the point person to explain, defend and convince stakeholders of the efficacy of the process and procedure solutions being proposed for SecDevOps and supporting program approvals for the technical direction being taken. The SecDevOps Lead will support the Lead Engineer and Architect to defend the program approach to SecDevOps to nontechnical leadership and speak with a unified strategy to obtain buy in from all stakeholders and concurrence on the planned courses of action.
Specific actions include:
- Define and implement the STE DevSecOps Process and Tools based on the CSE defined DevSecOps process and tools and in collaboration with the government TIF team.
- Develop and document the associated processes and procedures for utilizing the DevSecOps process in the TIF.
- Develop and execute automated unit and interface testing as entry criteria for events at the TIF (as part of the DevSecOps process).
- Coordinate with the TIF government team for planned integration and test events to include TA’s, UA’s and touchpoint support.
- Conduct quality assurance assessments of the STE DevSecOps process as executed by the STE vendors with a focus on process compliance, action items, software management baselines, Configuration Management, and the use of tools.
- Document the capability of the delivered STE solution through completed system level test procedures and documented STE Program Trouble Reports.
- Develop decision options with regards to STE DevSecOps risk mitigation.
- Monitor the execution of risk mitigation plans.
- Report status of risks associated with the STE DevSecOps process on at least a monthly basis.
- Successful candidates must possess an active DOD Secret clearance at time of start of employment and maintain it throughout the program execution.
- Candidates are required to possess a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related fields; and at least 12 years of demonstrated experience in Network and System Administration, demonstrate an awareness of Software and System Applications Development, and have specific examples on successful programs which deployed applications into a user environment using SecDevOps.
- Experience within a SecDevOps development test environment is considered essential and candidates for this position need to have at least 5 years of experience.
- Additional demonstrated knowledge of Software Test Infrastructure, processes and procedures is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering, have more than 12 years of relevant experience, demonstrate experience with DOD Campaign-Level Modelling and Simulation, previous experience on active duty and who have existing hands-on experience within the current military Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming Training Environment.
- Preference will be given to someone who can demonstrate a relevant experience with DoD Cybersecurity concerns.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.