Leidos is looking for a senior Simulation Systems Architect to staff a development position offsite at a commercial Orlando facility. This position will provide key direction, guidance, advice, solutions and technical assessments to the plans, system engineering and solutions being proposed for the Synthetic Training environment technical framework and applications. The position will provide development and design of a framework for applications to enable and support complex data, voice, audio, war-gaming, modelling & simulation and systems development capabilities. Position will function within a team of other senior engineers and Government customers, providing guidance to developers and planners to define and develop the next generation of training capabilities based on a modern gaming engine and supporting the entire breadth of the military contemporary operating environment.
The Simulation Training System Architect will coordinate within a team of other developers providing the subject matter expertise to design, architect and implement specific applications solutions as prioritized and funded by the prime contractor and the Government management. The Architect will be a part of a senior staff of engineers providing team leadership, technical innovation, and hands-on technical direction to software and system engineers involved with programming and solutions to the most complex and difficult challenges. The Architect will be the point person to explain, defend and convince stakeholders of the efficacy of the solutions being proposed and supporting program approvals for the technical direction being taken. The Architect will ensure engineers participate and defend engineering design decisions to nontechnical leadership and speak with a unified strategy to obtain buy in from all stakeholders and concurrence on the planned courses of action.
- Successful candidates must possess an active DOD Secret clearance at time of start of employment.
- Candidates are required to possess an MS degree in Computer Science or related fields; and at least 15 years of demonstrated experience in Applications Development and have specific examples of successful deployment of Modeling and Simulation Applications in a user environment.
- Experience within a Development Environment is considered essential and candidates for this position need to have at least 10 years of experience in Simulation Software Development.
- Additional knowledge of Software Test Labs and Software Fielding experience is required.
- A demonstrated knowledge of DODAF and demonstrated ability to translate system level engineering into understandable language for communication with non-technical personnel is essential.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess an PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering, relevant experience in DOD Campaign-Level Modelling and Simulation, previous experience on active duty and who have existing hands-on experience within the current military Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming Training Environment.
- Preference will also be given to someone who can demonstrate a relevant experience with Cybersecurity concerns and who have been active within a DevSecOps environment for Software Development.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Simulation Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.