Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions Group is seeking a Configuration Manager to expand our agile team supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). CMS utilizes a number of systems to support beneficiaries of Medicare. These complex, large-scale critical systems receive/process data, facilitate analysis, and report outcomes. Leidos will create system efficiencies in processing time, utilize AWS cloud services, and provide enhanced performance with predictive analytics.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop or modify Configuration Management (CM) plans, process, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the program.
- Support the development and adherence to all program polices, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change controls and boards.
- Use or recommend automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Establish and coordinate the infrastructure task level Configuration Management program, processes and procedures according to program requirements and industry best practices.
- Maintain a logical Configuration Management System (CMS) model, containing the components of the IT infrastructure (CIs) and their associations.
- Serve as technical support in the Go / No-go decision for transitions and major changes to the environment.
- Participate in and monitoring the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated.
- Provide deep technical analysis to assess the potential impact of proposed changes, and assures that the incident management teams are aware of the forward schedule of changes approved by the CCB.
- Coordinating with Release managers to be able to correlate changes and the possible impacts, and make recommendations for rollback of changes if impact is realized.
- Regulate the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated in the CMS.
- Work closely with engineering and implementation staff to assure configurations meet or exceed standards and policy, and that routine patches and changes of component systems do not reduce service security, utility, or warranty.
- Establish and maintain a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to record, track and report the status of CIs and modifications.
- Provide direction and guidance on the required process for achieving Asset Management Establish and maintain a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to record, track and report the status of CIs and modifications.
- Identify and implement opportunities in terms of process and tools to execute in more agile and efficient manner.
- Ensure CM functions are adhered to: version control of configuration items such as documents, as well as the configuration management of hardware and software configuration management items.
- Recommend configuration and change management solutions that effectively meet customer needs.
- Analyze, optimize, and improve the IT CM service support processes and creates documentation and training as needed to support these process changes.
- Support operational efficiencies and aid in a smooth, secure transition of new, upgraded, or redesigned systems.
- Monitor CM queues/dashboards to ensure all assigned tasks are completed within specified metric requirements.
- Identify and coordinate processes for version management, system build, backup and recovery, archiving, and change management.
- Identify, organize, and control software and hardware configuration changes.
- Oversee and facilitate configuration plans, audits and reports.
- Applies CM discipline to asset management systems from initial baseline to system end-of-life.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. At least 4 years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree (i.e. minimum of 8 years of relevant experience).
- 4 years, experience in Configuration and Change Management in a fast-tempo operational environment
- Experience in IT project management. Experience planning and scheduling IT system changes using ServiceNow ticketing system is a plus.
- Ability to explain advanced technical concepts verbally and in written format
- Ability to think critically with the vision to work both tactically and strategically
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, while working with minimal supervision.
Experience with CMS. Detailed understanding of ITIL change, configuration, and release management processes. ITIL / ITSM / CMMI experience. All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.