Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions Group is seeking an AWS Architect to expand our agile team supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). CMS utilizes a number of systems to support beneficiaries of Medicare. These complex, large-scale critical systems receive/process data, facilitate analysis, and report outcomes. Leidos will create system efficiencies in processing time, utilize AWS cloud services, and provide enhanced performance with predictive analytics.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
As the AWS Architect, you will provide technical leadership, oversight, guidance, and mentoring to engineering teams. You will coordinate closely with senior leadership to establish clear objectives and effectively communicate business needs, architectural objectives, and expected deliverables to engineering teams. You must work with engineering teams to develop technical strategies and coordinate across matrixed stakeholders to ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead cloud, network, infrastructure, systems and security architecture design efforts, managing all aspects of the system development life cycle, from initial concept development through deployment and sustainment.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring to engineering team members.
- Clearly communicate objectives and hold personnel accountable for efficient delivery.
- Provide technical oversight and lead coordination efforts across the organization to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
- Coordinate closely with client leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of business needs, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
- Lead engineering and product development lifecycle and development work stream
- Oversee configuration and risk management activities and develop strategies for process improvements.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Establish and enforce standard procedures for product selection and system design changes that include an impact analysis and coordination of activities across all functional areas of the organization.
- Manage team of experienced, independent professionals
- Ensure distribution of assignments and tasking to ensure complete coverage of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure tasks are completed as planned.
- Ensure teams design solutions that maximize use of standards, automation, zero downtime, and ability for operations teams to self-support.
- Complete service and change requests on schedule.
- Manage and optimize costs with close focus on under runs and over runs.
- You will be responsible for financial management of your team, which includes hardware, software, and staffing.
- Manage all personnel needs and interact with HR when required.
- Perform annual personnel write-ups and reviews.
- Ensure personnel performance.
- Review and approve weekly personnel approvals.
- Ensure that any technical proposal needs are supported.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must be experienced in developing strategic plans for deployment of cloud, network and security services, system architecture, cloud services, and systems upgrades.
- Previous experience as a Lead Cloud Engineer with hands-on experience in multiple, diverse cloud, network, infrastructure, systems, security, and automation technologies.
- Expertise SDLC, ITIL, and ITMS process and architecture
- Previous experience in product development, design, architecture and engineering for private cloud, Fedramp cloud services, and infrastructure as a service
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, dealing with complex architectures supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in managing cloud, network, infrastructure architecture projects and operations across multiple IT disciplines.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Broad understanding of developing and building leading edge IT technologies in network and cloud services is a must
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.