Leidos is adding a Project Manager to its energy team in Walled Lake MI, Other suitable locations considered are Orlando, FL, Ft. Wayne IN or St. Louis MO, to support our Energy projects in Industrial/Manufacturing Plants, hospitals, universities and other commercial markets. Our clients include Fortune 500 global corporations, utilities, hospitals, and universities, as well as a variety of industry, and Government organizations. We are seeking a Project Manager to facilitate the development, lead implementation, and ensure the performance of large energy savings projects.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Leidos Energy Project Developers to budget and scope energy projects
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
- Develop controls reports to produce weekly/monthly financial documents for client and internal management review
- Interface with client representatives to develop scope of work and project pricing for new energy efficiency projects
- Manage multiple subcontractors and their subcontracts at project sites
- Coordinate with the customer in executing the projects
- Maintain project schedules
- Overseeing all external customer communication activities to make certain all messaging is accurate and consistent
- Managing budgets and resources to maximize efficiencies
- Identify project risks and determine proper resolutions
- General project management skills
- Familiarity with commercial or industrial facilities and with related energy efficient and/or infrastructure technologies
- Requires a BA or BS degree (technical degree preferred) and 5 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with no less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Capable of planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Experience with MS Project and/or Primavera P6
- Capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
- Ability to take direction from and discuss decisions with supervisor, and to coordinate with peers on project
- Able to interact with customer representatives and subcontractors in an effective manner during briefing meetings
- Demonstrated successes of using team approaches
- Strong writing and verbal presentation skills
- Experience leading and managing the development and/or execution of energy efficiency projects
- Knowledge of energy systems and facility equipment such as air handlers, chillers, boilers, compressors, lighting, building controls in commercial and industrial facilities
- Knowledge of skilled trades project implementation schedules and tasks and ability to implement successful projects
- Knowledge of building operation practices and technologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP), or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is a plus
- Understanding of required safety protocols on a construction project at automobile facilities
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple priorities
Ability to Travel
The Energy Project Manager may be required to manage project execution at facilities outside of a normal driving distance from their home. Working at a remote project site may be required at times, with travel costs being paid by Leidos.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.