This System Administrator serves as a specialty technician supporting Domain Name Services team. In addition to managing DNS tasks, this specialist supports the team by supporting dashboard developments, scripting actions, and various technical tasks to improve situational awareness of network assets and data systems/servers. Maintains SOPs, knowledge articles and other necessary artifacts to support customers and team members on process and procedures. Maintains DNS configuration for supporting servers, coordinates enterprise DHCP services, maintains necessary architecture, and serves as Tier III administrator for problems and discrepancies that impact the enterprise computing environment and acts as a representative for tiger team actions or incident response to restore services. Works directly with engineers to improve performance and anticipate customers’ needs with innovative recommendations. Tackles specialty tasks as assigned resulting in technical solutions or recommendations. Resume should reflect strong Linux background. Position is located at customer location in Arnold/St Louis, MO and will require frequent customer interface.
Assigns privileges, maintains system security, troubleshoots system and software problems; establishes and updates procedures and documentation. Performs daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues on DNS and DHCP servers. Assist server teams in hardware/software integration; investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibilities. Monitor system daily for proper operation, performs routine system preventative and restorative maintenance. Candidate must be able to work independently and in a group environment. Maintain appropriate level of technical competency in areas of responsibility to recommend appropriate system upgrades. Experience with BlueCat adaptive DNS, F5 Big DNS (Gateway Traffic Manager or GTM), and Microsoft DNS/DHCP is desired. Experience with cloud is desired. Experience with NGA mission, programs and facilities are also desired.
• Provide on-call support as required to ensure availability of mission critical services such as authentication, DNS, DHCP and access to network resources.
• Configure and maintain network resiliency, DNS databases, firewalls, server operating systems, RAIDS, DMZ, etc.
• Responsible for resolving a wide range of issues and complex technical problems or system failures; troubleshooting skills and experience is critical.
• Monitor and address customer tickets such as Change Requests, Incidents, Problems and tasks via customer’s system of record. Experience with Service+ or ServiceNow is desired.
• Participate and produce training program for Team, producing and enforcing policies and procedures for DNS/DHCP.
• Assist with technical reviews, exchanges, root cause analysis and ensuring compliance with security policy.
• Maintain documentation such as SOPs, various reports, Knowledge Articles, architecture maps, and other references, technical plans or supporting documentation as requested.
• Candidate must have knowledge of IT concepts such as TCP/IP, IT security concepts and practices, and networks.
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to quickly grasp and set priorities in a fast paced, and highly flexible environment.
• Strong communications skills both verbal and in writing with strong interpersonal skills
• Develop, maintain, and report meaningful metrics to management.
• Ability to work with a diverse team and provide technical direction/oversight, coordinating and scheduling preventative maintenance & outages while mitigating impact to client.
• Modifies and/or adapts techniques and standard approaches to solve difficult problems and must be highly self-motivated requiring little oversight or direction.
• Experience using Microsoft Office required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
• Familiarity and experience with Active Directory and/or LDAP
• Highly developed customer service skills and intuition.
• Current DoD 8570 Certification, primary certification is Security+
• Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience in lieu of degree.
• Knowledge of Linux servers
• Knowledge of DNS principles
• Familiar with ISC BIND
• Working knowledge of grep and other commands used to search and sort through logs.
• Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as required. Must be able to communicate by phone and in person with customers and appropriate organizations.
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance and ability to obtain Poly.
• AWS Certification
• BIND DNS training/certification
• BlueCat DNS training
• Linux Certification
• Microsoft Server Certification
• SharePoint experience
• Scripting experience: Bash, Perl, Powershell
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• JIRA Experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.