The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Targeting and Analysis Systems Program Directorate (TASPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This program supports all TASPD computer and software application upgrades, updates, modifications or enhancements with a focus on moving towards a DevSecOps approach to enable development and operations teams to collaborate and deliver high quality software to end customers continuously, to generate code with fewer errors and do so faster, which speeds time to deployment, and increases reliability and stability in production. This work includes but is not limited to ensuring application compatibility with and deploying new operating system versions, new application software versions, and new code library versions, development, modernization, enhancement, operations and maintenance services. The QA Lead will establish, execute, and maintain an effective QA program. The QA Lead ensures that procedures are developed, implemented and maintained to adequately control the development, production, testing, configuration management, execution and support of all deliverables or services. The QA Lead will be expected to lead and provide hands on quality assurance and quality control functions within the program. The QA Lead will be responsible for performing audits, generating audit reports and tracking discrepancies, recording and tracking program metrics including defects, conducting root cause analysis investigations, and ensuring adherence to the quality standards for the program. The successful candidate will be an agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated.
- Establish and maintain a program Quality Management System (QMS)
- Lead the development and implementation of procedures and plans (e.g. QA Plan, QA Surveillance Plan [QASP] corrective action plans) for assuring quality products and services in an agile environment within the respective Portfolio
- Perform audits, reviews, and inspections of software program activities to make sure they comply with program processes and ISO 9001/2000 standards
- Establish processes to continually improve the effectiveness of a QMS in support of CBP’s operating model
- Establishes and maintains strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the objectives are understood and incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Investigations of non-compliant items
- Review CDRLs and product deliverables for compliance and quality
- Maintain the Analysis and Corrective Action System database
- Participate in program reviews and document and monitor corrective actions
- BA degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience. Four additional years’ experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 /20000 standards
- Knowledge of ITIL and Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
- Familiarity with the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.