The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Cloud Architect to provide technical leadership on a mission-critical program whose purpose is to development, modernize, enhance, operate and maintain services for DHS/CBP mission critical systems.supporting the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Targeting and Analysis Systems Program Directorate (TASPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This program supports all TASPD computer and software application upgrades, updates, modifications or enhancements with a focus on moving towards a DevSecOps approach to enable development and operations teams to collaborate and deliver high quality software to end customers continuously, to generate code with fewer errors and do so faster, which speeds time to deployment, and increases reliability and stability in production. This work includes but is not limited to ensuring application compatibility with and deploying new operating system versions, new application software versions, and new code library versions, development, modernization, enhancement, operations and maintenance services. The Cloud Architect requires a strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support application issues and application of preventative measures. The Cloud Architect will servesserve as a lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud migration plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. The successful candidate will have related multiple years of hands-on experience of supporting Cloud Services such as AWS and Azure. Professional Cloud certifications such as AWS, AZURE, CLOUD+ or other with related ones are required.
What You'll Get to Do:
The successful Cloud Architect shall:
- Experience refactoring or rebuilding on premise applications/infrastructure and migration to AWS Cloud.
- Lead legacy application cloud readiness assessments.
- Provide input and guidance to personnel and technology SMEs to the overall AWS Architecture and Design tenets.
- Regularly evaluates cloud, hardware, and software; provides reports and feedback, and suggestions for continuous improvement of processes.
- Ensures coordination with cyber security and information assurance to meet all requirements and comply with all regulations.
- Provides guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the Cloud.
- Identifies top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the customer.
- Evaluate the costs and identify efficiencies of delivering service to the customer.
- Ability to negotiate with stakeholders to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes.
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Our Homeland Security Solutions Operation is a leader in the integration, application, and advancement of information, technology, and services to address critical customer needs in protecting the homeland, responding to threats and disasters, enforcing and administering our laws, safeguarding cyberspace and securing our borders.
- Mission Cyber and Network Defense
- Intelligence and Linguistic Services
- Cargo, Baggage, Vehicle and Personnel Screening
- Human Capital Services
- Enterprise IT
- Complex Logistics
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years or prior relevant experience.
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy, and delivery of cloud solutions.
- Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud architecture and core services.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Cloud resource provisions, deployment, microservices, and DevSecOps.
- Team Lead and/or Technical Lead experience.
- Professional Cloud Certifications such as AWS, and/or Azure.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination and/or Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field.
- CBP customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure.
- Demonstrated Cloud deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud).
- Experience with AWS GovCloud.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect -– Professional.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud experience.
- Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security, and CEH.
- Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP 800-37, Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137, Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.