The candidate will be responsible to help design, build, and integrate applications. Candidate will lead parts of projects through all aspects of the software development life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, coding and unit testing. In addition, will assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. In addition, candidate will:
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Own the delivery of part of a system or application, and serve as the POC on various components of the system.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
This position requires a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver needed for an opportunity on a team tasked with designing and building the future of the customer's organization. The candidate selected for this position will be someone who has the aptitude and enjoys tackling challenges which often haven't been solved anywhere else. Due to the unique nature of the team, the candidate needs to be someone who can design and implement solutions without step-by-step instructions or strictly defined requirements. The work will be challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.
Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 8+ years of experience
- 4 +years of software engineering experience is required.
- 4+ years’ experience with Linux and Windows
- 2+ years’ experience with VMWare
- 2+ years’ experience with Android and/or iOS
- Applied knowledge of networks and network administration
- Applied knowledge of cloud services
- Proven ability to analyze commercial technologies
- Proven ability to analyze mobile technology applications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.