At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
We are seeking a Software Test Engineer to serve as a customer representative in analyzing, performing, and interpreting tests for web application products, systems, components, or modifications. This position is located in our Newport News, VA office (occasional telework is possible). You will be responsible for identifying functional problems and suggesting resolutions. The ideal candidate will have recent experience in testing through a full development agile life-cycle including designing, developing, and implementing test plans and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or other technically relevant degree; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 8 years of experience with software systems testing and quality assurance.
- Four (4) plus years of experience in test automation in areas such as planning, script development, and maintenance using at least one of the following: Selenium WebDriver or Katalon Studio
- Experience with different phases/types of testing: functional, integration, regression, system, end-to-end, GUI (and back end data validation), load/performance, system integration, and user acceptance testing
- Solid knowledge/experience of the AGILE/Scrum SDLC
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously; demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to be detail-oriented.
- Be highly motivated self-starter who is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members
- US Citizenship in order to be able to obtain a TS SCI clearance
- Conduct the manual and automated testing of backend and frontend applications.
- Verify and validate software products in accordance with customer requirements and user needs.
- Develop test cases and execute test plans, scenarios, scripts and procedures.
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system and review issue discrepancies with the team.
- Setup, perform, and maintain end-to-end automated testing frameworks across multiple platforms.
- Track testing metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts for caught versus released defects.
- Perform final testing of releases and may perform other technical and documentation tasks.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups. Interaction normally involves exchanges or presentation of factual information.
- Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Source Control: Git
- CI/CD: TeamCity, Jenkins
- Static Code Analysis: Sonarqube
- API Testing: SoapUI, Postman
- UX/UI Testing: Katalon Studio, Groovy scripting
- Protractor, SoapUI/Postman, nUnit, Cucumber/Gherkin
- Active TS/SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.