We are seeking a self-motivated Data Analyst to provide technical and analytic support to a small, high-impact team. This is a developmental position with opportunities for career growth along a Data Science track. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The Data Analyst will be expected to work with Data Scientists to build statistical models, test hypotheses, and interpret, summarize, visualize, and succinctly report data findings. The Analyst may be required to leverage automation and machine learning models to manage data, predict scenarios, and make recommendations to a non-technical audience.
The Data Analyst will contribute to building new analytical tools in support of the IC customer, and will be expected to collaborate with team members in a highly technical environment. The Data Analyst will be expected to learn and leverage technical frameworks and collaboration technologies, including Amazon Web Service (AWS) and Git.
- Experience with scripting in Python or R
- Experience (either on-the-job or in an academic setting) working with data manipulation techniques and statistics
- Knowledge of computer science concepts, data architecture, and common statistical models
- Knowledge of all-source intelligence, including SIGINT, and/or HUMINT collection reports
- Familiarity with cable writing styles and classified client databases, including specific targeting tools
- Ability to communicate technical findings to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with key US foreign policy and national security Counterterrorism (CT) objectives
- Knowledge of IC policies and procedures
- Ability to work efficiently in a metrics-driven environment
- Bachelor’s degree + a minimum of 4 years of experience
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.