The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Team Lead, Subcontracts.
The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Team Lead, Subcontracts to support its Exploration and Mission Support Operation. This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) subcontract management activities for various government civilian programs including NASA programs. This role will manage a team of approximately 7 subcontracts administrators and also own a portfolio of subcontract responsibilities. The Subcontracts Team Lead is a working manager role.
The Team Lead, Subcontracts will oversee and manage overall subcontract compliance for the programs in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- This role reports to the Associate Director, Contracts & Subcontracts.
The Team Lead, Subcontracts is responsible for activities that span the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to: negotiation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and teaming agreements, preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions, subcontract administration, issue resolution, and closeout activities.
- Assigns work to and reviews the work of subcontract administrators.
- Trains and mentors subcontract staff.
- Negotiates NDAs and Teaming Agreements.
- Audits team procurement files to ensure compliance with Leidos requirements.
- Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Government and Leidos requirements.
- Develops prime contract flow down documents.
- Coordinates closely with the Contract Administrator assigned to program to ensure subcontracting activities and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives.
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses.
- Conducts price and cost analysis.
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors.
- Administers subcontracts of various types and complexity.
- Identifies and resolves moderate to complex issues and problems on assigned subcontracts and makes recommendations to management.
- Performs subcontract close-out activities.
- Analyzes risks and identifies risk mitigations.
- Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the program for all subcontracts related issues.
- Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers, as required.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with subcontractor management regarding subcontract issues of varying degrees of complexity and the drive to work issues to resolution.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration OR a related field with 5+ years of prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Experience managing and training a team of 5 – 7 people.
- Experience in subcontracting and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and subcontracts administration.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions.
- IT Services experience is a plus.
- NASA experience is a plus.
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR.
Work Locations: The candidate selected will travel at times/as needed between Gaithersburg, MD and Houston, TX and Reston, VA offices.
Please Note: Work Location for this position could be in: Gaithersburg, MD OR Webster, TX.
Potential for Telework Days: The position has a potential for telework days with Manager approval.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.