Are you seeking a new and challenging position supporting a complex, Multi-Task mission-critical Program? Well, look no further! Leidos is currently looking to add a Technical Writer to a Cybersecurity Program near Ft. Meade, MD. As a Technical Writer, a successful candidate will support the development of technical specifications, formal memorandums, and formal correspondences. Additionally, the candidate will create and maintain schedules, perform data entry and support formal and inform meeting.
• Responsible for the preparation, editorial review, revision, and maintenance of security engineering documents including technical white papers, cybersecurity assessments, architecture analysis documentation, senior management briefings, and status reports.
• Use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to create program related documentation.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals, and technical publications.
• Work with engineers and subject matter experts to gather technical information required in the preparation of written text.
• Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and prepare incident reports, responses, and briefings comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Two Years of Technical writing experience required. Experience in Cyber Security and Software development desired
- Associates of Arts Degree in a technical disciple. Two Years (2) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a Associates Degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.