The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a CI/CD DevSecOps Engineer to work in a hybrid environment consisting of on-premise and AWS environments on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States. The SecDevOps engineer will help influence new technology or help improve current SecDevOps tools. The SecDevOps engineer will collaborate with the program’s System Engineers, Developers and the System Operations teams to resolve technical problems. The SecDevOps engineer will also help drive/develop automation solutions.
- Provide security techniques and expertise to ensure the infrastructure and software services meet specific customer security requirements/certifications
- Collaborate with members of the team and product owners to solve operational issues and develop enhancements such as automation.
- Ensure applications stay compliant by integrating application and SecDevOps processes and CI/CD pipelines from early stages of the lifecycle.
- Collaborate with team members on continuous improvement to both the Security DevOps pipelines and processes, and to the Information Security tools, services, and processes.
- Build in monitoring capability and provide trends to team to support decision making.
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing and delivery of cloud solutions.
- Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with AWS public cloud.
- Experience working in an agile, DevOps/SecDevOps environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- Experience working in a Software Engineering role.
- Experience working in a Security role handling on premise and cloud infrastructures.
- Experience with security testing at scale by building and implementing static and dynamic analysis tools, integrating security into CI/CD workflows for everyday deployments.
- Must be familiar with the following technology suites:
- CI/CD operations: GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Build automation: Maven, Gradle, Ant, or Gitlab-CI Runner
- Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Splunk's search processing language (SPL)
- Applications/Scripting: Python, Java, Bash Scripting,
- App Frameworks and tools: Kibana, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, CloudFormation, Chef
- Infrastructure: AWS Cloud Computing Environment, Windows 2016, Linux CentOS 7
- Collaborate with members of the team to solve operational issues and develop enhancements such as automation.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
- Experience with static code analysis for software or infrastructure code, including SonarQube, Fortify, and Terrascan
- Experience with vulnerability scanners, including Tenable Nessus, Qualys, Fortify, WebInspect, X-ray
- Experience in DB management tools
- Active CBP BI
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.