The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking a Software Application Engineer with strong systems, software, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide testing support for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this role, the individual provides software application support to TPVS users in reference to applications, hardware & software on-site for designated customer and staff members. The position covers a variety of tasks for end users including on-site support and provides applications maintenance support including problem analyses and assessments for hardware and software systems and assigned projects. The individual makes recommendations to new end users regarding methods and approaches for using new hardware and software and assures proper, clear, concise and complete technical guidance and support. The Software Application Engineer will work independently and within small teams to support various software and systems related tasks. The individual will be expected to support application troubleshooting activities, provide ad hoc system administration support, and support other miscellaneous tasks ranging from documentation support to hands-on technical support. Provides concise daily status reporting to management and to the customer while engaged in application troubleshooting activities.
- Resolve application design and operability issues, and work closely with TPVS developers to improve application’s performance.
- Perform software testing as necessary, and document testing results in the software testing plans. Work with end users, developers and other parties to support software products throughout the product’s lifecycle.
- Document Problem Base Articles (PBAs) in Confluence.
- Exhibit good judgment in interfacing with all government and contract personnel, providing proper examples of work performance, and adherence to professional standards and operational and security guidelines as defined by the Government.
- Participate in application upgrades and review documentation for currency and knowledge transfer.
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience with mission operations and elicitation of analytic needs.
- Experience in concept definition for software information systems.
- Familiarity with both Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems administration in a heterogeneous environment is also needed to succeed in this assignment.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Microsoft Technologies
- Very good working knowledge of the core .NET application stack and other closely related .NET technologies.
- Strong exposure to relational database (SQL Server) design, Oracle and SQL
- 5+ years of experience with Remedy, JIRA, Confluence, and RightNow
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages Java and VBScripts.
- Working knowledge of various data transformation/representation technologies such as XML, XSLT
- Working knowledge of various common protocols such as HTTP, SSL, SOAP/Web services
- Good exposure of JQuery, AJAX and related client side technologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.