Leidos currently has an immediate opening for an entry Graphics Software Developer, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Bethesda MD.
Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organiuzation that develops and produces state of the art training systems. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
You will develop software as part of the team creating three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written primarily in C++, Java, and Python, utilizing various software packages (boost, NumPy, and MPI).
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Full lifecycle software development, including requirements analysis, designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing.
• Develop sophisticated, real-time software to enhance the fidelity of visual simulations. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements to the training and simulation systems.
• Develop new code and maintain, refactor, and extend of existing code under an agile development approach.
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Graphics.
• US citizenship and ability to obtain DoD interim secret clearance prior to starting.
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Must have strong knowledge of object oriented development and data structures, be able to adhere to identified coding standards, have experience with version control systems, and have good familiarity with Linux.
• Must have prior experience with and strong foundational knowledge with graphics programming, such as with the OpenGL API/GLSL or equivalents. Must have prior experience with OpenSceneGraph, Ogre, Delta3D, or similar engines.
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and be committed to customer service. Must be well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to work in a fast paced environment under deadlines.
• Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, able to work successfully in a team environment, able to work with minimal supervision, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and able to learn and apply new skills.
• Experience with physics-based modeling and visual simulation systems, or real time graphics programming
• Experience with high performance computing
• Experience with C++ or Java, and scripting languages such as Python or bash
• Experience with developing for commercial Virtual Reality headsets
• Experience with HLA/RTI systems
• Exposure to 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, or similar modeling tools
• Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals
• Exposure to unit testing, continuous integration and code reviews
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.