Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
Interested in working alongside a team that helps keep our nation safe as it pertains to travel? We have an immediate need for a Sr. Reliability and Quality Engineer in Tewksbury, MA to help optimize our Leidos Security Products, namely the Compact Advanced Personnel Screening Equipment ProVision 2 to start!
Your mission, should you be selected and accept, will be to drive system reliability of Leidos Security Detection & Automation products which as a result, would reduce significant field issues reported by our customers and field technicians. In this technical leadership role, you will guide and have accountability to direct efforts with identifying early life and recurrent failures of our systems in the field to improve system reliability. Security Detection & Automation division is the leading supplier of security detection systems with a focus on checkpoint, checked baggage, air cargo and ports & borders security screening systems and we need you to help us continue down this path as we innovate solutions in response to the impacts of COVID-19.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (your impact and what is expected)
- Collaborate with Engineering, Service and Supply Chain teams to develop processes to track performance of fielded security screening products
- Provide your expertise to leverage existing, and identify/develop solutions and tools to monitor field product performance, including failure modes, availability and downtime metrics
- Your analytical ability will be crucial with performing root cause and reliability analysis with expected results to develop and make recommendations or determine the team’s path forward on how to execute successful countermeasure and test solutions
- In this technical expert role, you will generate, review, analyze data and reports to identify trends and prioritize based on severity, occurrence, safety and/or cost of each failure mode which include leveraging our databases to mine field quality data and identify issues as well as determine if current database systems and tools are adequate to identify the top failure modes in the field
- Expected results of performance will include but not be limited to developing and driving improvement plans to reduce warranty costs and improve customer satisfaction
- Your engineering expertise will require ability to successfully design FRACAS process including material movement in support of Failure Analysis globally
- Your collaboration with our engineering team will be ongoing in order to conduct detailed failure analysis and identify root-cause of problems across multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical, firmware)
- You will lead RCA process development and implementation with Third Party Logistics provider, Contract Manufacturer and Parts Suppliers to reduce quality defects in the field and drive Quality Methodology with key providers
- As our quality and reliability expert, working closely with Supplier Quality Managers, Product Engineering and Supply Chain teams to apply knowledge to drive containment and corrective action implementation
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports to include but not limited to field investigation results to management (may also require direct customer engagement) are required
- Communicate field performance of the engineering systems, gather buy-in from peers and leadership on improvement priorities and urgency
- Participate and serve as quality and reliability SME in continuous improvement activities, and take preventive actions for potential failure modes
- Share Best Practices and Lessons Learned from previous field issues. Provide up front feedback by participating in design reviews to ensure product performance, reliability, and manufacturability issues are identified and risks mitigated (DFMEAs).
Successful candidate must have:
- BS engineering degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience in technical project leadership; will consider upcoming stars with less experience and successful progression in career
- Related experience creating, developing and implementing transactional processes
- Strong 8D structured problem solving skills with proven track record of implementing effective corrective actions
- Proficiency with statistical analysis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large Quality Datasets and Quality data system, and application to develop solutions
- Experience with Quality Processes (FAI, NCM, RCA, RMA, etc)
- Strong Program Management skills including ability to design and drive multi-phase improvements across the organization essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Successful background with independently managing multiple complex tasks and assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Influencial power
Considered a strong plus:
- Equipment failure analysis experience
- Experience performing Weibull analysis
- Experience developing RAM predictions and validating accuracy using field data
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of x-ray systems
- Experience with Supplier Quality Management
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Six Sigma belt certification or skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.