Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos DC-based cyber team is tasked to support a federal customer located in Washington, DC. The team works 7am-7pm, 7 days per week, so shift (day) schedule may vary and can be discussed with management for optimal arrangement. As part of our high-performing team you will perform the following duties:
- The team will hunt for malicious activity using the following sources and tools : Sources - IDS alerts, Network traffic and logs, Endpoint logs, Web Server logs, and Packet Captures.
- The team will deliver summary reports/analysis for findings to federal staff and/or other cyber team as directed by government.
- The team will perform searches for customer-specific IOCs upon request and conduct analysis of artifacts for IOCs as provided by this customer.
- The team will provide intelligence data leveraging central intelligence tool (already in place) for dissemination and collaboration.
- The team may, as needed, create dashboards, save queries, and other develop /mechanisms to enhance the team’s capabilities.
- 4 years total relevant security, network, or IT
- 1+ years Splunk experience/exposure
- SOC Analyst experience
- 1 or more relevant certifications, including Splunk Fundamentals 1 or 2, Cyber Security Analyst+ (CySA+), Incident Handling certification, CEH, etc.
Experience with operational security, including security operations center (SOC), incident response, malware analysis, or IDS and IPS analyses
Working knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain
Familiarity with: Netflow data, DNS logs, Proxy Logs
Experience with packet analysis
Understanding of malware and malware behavior
Experience with writing rules/signatures for IDSs/SIEMs
- Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Interim Secret
Length of job 9 -12 months
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.