The Defense Group of Leidos has a current opening for a Network Operations and Cyber Security Operations Center Lead in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network Operations and Cyber Security Operations Center Lead will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Technical Management Lead with reporting requirements to the Cyber Security Operations Lead.
- Leads the Network Operations Work Center.
- Leads the cyber Security Operations Center.
- Oversees projects and work assignments for both teams.
- Develops schedules for normal and contingency operational requirements and reports status to Senior Program personnel and Government customers.
- Provides expert Tier 3 support and mentoring to troubleshoot circuits using router commands, loops, alarms and errors, and other troubleshooting technologies and techniques.
- Directs utilization of network monitoring tools to monitor, track and resolve issues.
- Manages functional area trouble tickets and provides guidance on delineation of support from team to accomplish all tickets within key program performance indicators.
- Engages with Government customers to understand, design, develop and implement networking solutions to optimize network performance and capabilities on all three NORAD/USNORTHCOM networks.
- Develops networking solutions and technology adjustments on a live, global network to optimize services to NORAD/USNORTHCOM users.
- Tackles complex networking issues to support root cause analysis and development of strategies and solutions.
- Provides leadership to manage work center’s equipment accountability and assists with Data Center Management and clean-up.
- Responsible for evaluating, developing and recommending solutions for cyber security systems.
- Evaluate current cyber and Risk Management Framework (RMF) protocols on complex server, network and interconnected systems to resolve and satisfy the conditions necessary to achieve an Authority to Operate.
- Familiarity with multiple systems and ability to function interchangeably within a team of engineers and support personnel in a cross functional approach to resolve cyber security issues.
- Experience with the application of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to operating Systems, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) monitoring and application, system vulnerability scanning and mitigation of findings, and remediation of findings.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions that meet network and system security requirements and perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems, networks and applications in conjunction with the tasking being simultaneously performed by the other Cyber professionals, network staff, other corporate teammates and resident Government staff.
- Develop solutions, communicate it to the stakeholders and assist with implementation.
- Bachelors with 8+ years relevant experience or a Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience, additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have DoD-8570 IAT Level II CompTIA Security+ baseline certification at start date.
- Must have Juniper Certification.
- Must have Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification at start date.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IT.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in communications or cyber associated field.
- DoD-8570 IAT III Certification.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Experience in BlueCoat Proxy, SolarWinds, and TCOSS (Circuit Management).
- Familiar with Splunk Logs/Dashboards, ACAS, HBSS and other common industry Cyber Security tools.
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.