Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. This position will report out of the Vicksburg, MS Army Corps of Engineers site.
The Engineer will be part of 24x7 Network Operations Center (NOC) Tier 1 team of network engineers of various skill sets and experience that provide network monitoring, engineering, and orchestration of outage and issue resolution as well as a the daily operation of a NOC. The engineer is responsible for troubleshooting, escalating issues and orchestrating their resolution. The NOC engineer is also in charge of communicating status of Trackable Network Events to stakeholder following the established communication plan. The engineer will work with senior engineer and other tiers to draft and update relevant SOPs. This position requires an active DOD Secret Clearance.
In this role you will:
- Monitor Network for Incidents
- Troubleshoot network incident, create and document ticket with findings
- Triage tickets and escalate to proper team
- In case of significant network outage initiate remediation protocol as documented in SOP, open conference bridge and invite stakeholders to participate in the resolution of the outage
- Create and update SOPs documents
- Create and update diagrams for network topologies
- Prepare other documentation and presentation materials as needed
- Attend stakeholders meetings and create meeting minutes and action items and follow through
- Implement network SOP according to plan and collect artifacts
- Carry out other work as directed by senior members of the team
- Research industry best practices and make recommendations
- Use tools like Support Service Now, Monolith and Network Node Manager to conduct monitoring, troubleshooting and documenting issues in an incidence ticket
- Escalate issues to Supervisors/Managers/Tier2 & 3 level Network Engineers/other groups by following established SOPs
- Monitor the network via Monolith and other tools and take appropriate action based on alerts and severity levels
- Be a team player in helping and supporting other team members and NIH
- Communicate succinctly in both oral, and written communications to peers and Senior Leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, 2-4 years of addition related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must hold Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification
- Must hold current DOD 8570 IAT II certification (Security+ or equivalent)
- Possess previous experience operating in a 24x7 NOC environment, preferably in a lead position. Large IT environment a plus.
- Familiar with ITIL/ITSM processes
- Experience performing Cisco appliance configurations, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Supports standard work hours, 8:00-5:00 Central, with willingness to work evenings, holidays and weekends, and participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
MUST HAVE at minimum the following skills and expertise as listed below:
- Cisco Routers - (1700-7600 series)
- Cisco ASRs (1000,9000)
- Cisco Nexus Switches - (1000-7000 Series)
- Cisco Catalyst Switches - (1900-6500 series)
Strong working knowledge in the following switching (L2) elements:
- VLAN-S (802.1a, ISL), Trunking , Aggregation (EtherChannel, FastEtherchannel, Gigabit Etherchannel, PAgP, Portchannel), 802.1d bridging, spanning tree
- LACP, PAGP, VTP (802.1q and ISL), STP
- Strong working knowledge of Layer 3 Routing Protocols - OSPF, EIGRP, & RIPv2, BGP
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and MPLS
- Good knowledge IPv6, IPSEC, HSRP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP
- Ability to lift routers/switches/UPS batteries up to 50 pounds
- Experienced using ticketing tools like Remedy, Service Now
- Experienced using monitoring tools like Cisco Prime Solarwind, Monolith, Splunk, NWM, Graphana
- Excellent customer service skills
- Assist on other projects and operational issues as needed
- Be available for on-call duties on an rotation basis
- Experience communicating and reporting to Senior Leadership
- Knowledge and understanding of network equipment, servers and applications
- Strong Analytical skills to identify trending issue
- Ability to break down complex issues and develop root cause analysis and solutions
- Personal commitment to the success of processes by delivering desired results
- Experience with network monitoring systems to include configuration and maintenance
- Experience with technical writing and document management/control practices.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage multiple goals and deadlines
- Ability to support change management activities
- Strong technical aptitude including excellent trouble shooting skills
- Must have experience with common troubleshooting tools
- Experience using common windows platforms like Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, NT, 98 and also use of Microsoft Tools like Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be a team player, have excellent oral and written communications skills, be customer service oriented
More about ACE-IT
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers. ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.