Manage the Leidos Corporate Information Office (CIO) Services Process Team in delivering Project Lifecycle (PLC) support. Interface with CIO Services Project and Program Managers to tailor the CIO Services PLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Operations Services, Blended) to their project’s needs and to help them execute those projects efficiently and effectively. Identify areas for PLC process improvement and develop and execute plans to implement those improvements. Identify and implement process improvement metrics and trend analysis. Assist in improving Project Risk Management process and reporting.
Responsible for ensuring quality, reducing costs, increasing productivity and improving PLC time resulting in significant improvement, customer satisfaction and overall service excellence.
This position requires analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of existing business processes and developing sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Responsibilities include: researching best business practices within and outside the organization, collecting and analyzing process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity, and reduced cost. Additional responsibilities may include determining how new information technologies can support reengineering business processes.
Support CIO Services Project Lifecycle activities:
- Obtain a working understanding of the process, from Demand Management (Corporate Project Recommendations) through business case analysis, use case and requirements elicitation, design, implementation, testing, production and closure, to include both technical and business related considerations.
- Manage all detailed aspects of the Leidos PLC: scheduling, coordinating Milestones and Gates (MAGs) hosting all reviews, recording minutes and following up on action items.
- Coordinate across the Corporation on required compliance aspects, to include not only Corporate policy/guidelines but also US Government and International Regulatory Compliance requirements.
- Assist Project Managers (PMs) in tailoring and complying with the CIO Services PLC, ensuring Decisions, Project Change Requests and Action Items are tracked/approved in the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool.
- Work with key project support directorates within CIO Services (e.g., architecture, cyber risk, compliance, communications, etc.) to help ensure projects incorporate these elements into their project planning and execution.
- Assist in Risk Management activities, to include identifying key risk indicators/metrics and assisting management in the early identification of risk trends.
- Establishes standards for measuring performance against process requirements to include developing/maintaining metrics, which provide data for process management indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Help align PLC process improvements to better support CIO strategic objectives.
- Collaborate on multiple initiatives to help advance the Organizational goals and efforts on operational excellence.
- Provide leadership in all areas of PLC process to ensure continuous improvements and operational excellence.
- Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Background in Systems Engineering, Business Analytics, or Business Administration with a focus on IT
- Experience supporting projects/programs for external customers using industry PLC best practices
- Proven record of being results-oriented
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarization with:
- Project Methodology (Waterfall, Agile, Operational Services, etc.)
- Risk Management
- Program and Project Metrics Collection
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Six Sigma
- ServiceNow (Demand and Project and Portfolio Management)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.