Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for an International Indirect Tax Manager to join our Corporate Tax team. In this role, you will primarily be responsible for the planning and execution of value added tax (“VAT”) and goods and services tax (“GST”) matters for Leidos’s global operations. The successful candidate will work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and outside consultants to insure the Company is properly registered for VAT, GST or other indirect taxes in foreign locations, to support commercial and government business activities, to oversee VAT compliance and audits and to problem solve. You will be expected to partner effectively with International Business Development, Procurement, Program Finance, Accounting and applicable business departments on various projects as needed.
The ideal candidate must possess experience in interpreting and implementing VAT, GST and other foreign indirect tax concepts (Europe, Australia, Middle East) and related compliance requirements.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advise Leidos business units with respect to proper application of international VAT, GST and other indirect tax rules worldwide
- Establish relationships with Leidos tax providers in various countries and consult with them in order to understand and document local rules and obligations
- Engage with US & foreign finance teams with respect to VAT processes and procedures
- Provide information to third-party tax providers in order to file VAT/GST returns
- Review VAT balance sheet accounts and resolve any discrepancies
- Assist with drafting indirect tax policies and procedures as needed
- Support VAT/GST and other indirect tax audits as required
- Monitor changes in VAT & GST legislation to ensure compliance
- Reconciling VAT account balances each quarter
- Manage VAT consulting fee budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Tax with 12+ years of relevant experience in either a public accounting firm or multinational company.
- At least 5 years of VAT compliance experience.
- Experience in overseeing VAT compliance and VAT tax planning initiatives including structuring contracts.
- Experience in effectively managing indirect tax projects, identifying appropriate resources required and delivering work product within agreed deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, to perform and review tax research, to work effectively with outside advisors and with internal business units
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives and effectively communicate VAT requirements to management
- Knowledge of VAT/GST rules, reverse-charge mechanisms, and place-of-supply rules
- Must be a team player and be able to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of co-workers, vendors, and other project participants throughout the world
- Must have the flexibility that a global company requires (e.g., be available for calls with people in other time zones, etc.)
Ideally, we would like this position to be supported from Reston - VA but we will consider telecommute option for the right person.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.