Leidos offers a work life balance!
We currently has an opening for you, our next enthusiastic High Power Microwave Engineering Technologist who enjoys working in a vibrant and challenging research and development environment. You will work with fellow Leidos Team members at a variety of customer locations on Kirtland AFB, NM in laboratory settings. If you like developing and testing high power microwave (HPM) and pulsed power research projects, which include magnetrons, Vircators and other HPM sources, Marx generators and other pulsed power systems, and related sub-systems then this is job for you. If you have good technical skills, are motivated, can multitask assignments, have time-management skills, are a good communicator, work well with others, and can work with minimal supervision, we want you on our team.
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
• Develop, operate and maintain experiments, and conduct tests
• Create, build, assemble, modify and/or repair prototypes
• Collect, maintain, organize, and compile technical data
• Assist engineering staff in analyzing data
• Troubleshoot hardware and data acquisition systems
• Prepares documentation, reports, drawings (sketches/flow charts/diagrams/schematics, etc.)
• Recommend alternative solutions to problems and obstacles
This is you:
• AAS degree in Engineering or Electronics with at least 3 years of applicable experience or 5 years of experience in lieu of degree
• Active DOD or DOE Secret clearance or DOE equivalent
• Experience with high voltage systems (> 10 kV)
• Experience with high current discharge systems (> 1 kA)
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
• Experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair
• Experience with oscilloscopes, multi-meters, high voltage power supplies, control systems, network and spectrum analyzers, power meters, and a wide array of time and frequency domain calibration equipment
• Working knowledge of vacuum systems
• Ability to understand and abide by government safety rules and regulations
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience with electronics circuit assembly, troubleshooting and soldering
• Experience with vacuum/pneumatic systems and controls
• Experience with LabView and related instrumentation and control software
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.