We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA. The team is made up of highly technical and motivated individuals. The engineer for this role will design and implement solutions to complex problems. As such, this individual must be an independent thinker and excellent problem solver.
The entire program is made up of several teams located in various remote locations in varying time zones. As a result, the engineer must have excellent communication skills and be flexible with regards to team work and tasking. A demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional teams in order to achieve results in a timely manner is desired.
This position is for an engineer with proven experience in supporting, maintaining and upgrading an existing wide-area-network. The network deploys various types of networking and IT equipment. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all components of the network. The candidate must be able to support best practices regarding network upgrade and growth strategies as well as network security and efficiency implementations. The ideal candidate must be an independent problem solver, strong self-motivator and be comfortable taking the initiative on technical projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems Engineering or relevant IT degree. Minimum 8 years of experience. Additional years of experience and certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance with a polygraph examination.
- Be able to obtain a US passport to travel OCONUS 2 to 4 times per year if necessary.
- Proven physical network architecture development and implementation experience.
- Experience configuring, deploying and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches and ASAs
- Implement VLANs and secure tunnels.
- Experience with various routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF).
- Integration and test experience.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Be capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- CCNA and CISSP certifications
- PBX configuration and deployment
- Experience with VoIP
- Experience with MPLS
- Linux system administration
- Knowledge of bulk encryption devices
- Experience with E1 and T1 framing conversion equipment
- Microwave radio systems knowledge
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.