Join our growing team! At Leidos, we are looking to make an investment in your career and professional growth. The Leidos Defense Group has openings for talented Lead Software Engineers at our state of the art facility in Morgantown, WV.
In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and engaging environment.For consideration, you must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
As a leader, you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4-8 years of software engineering experience.
- Hands-on expertise with Java/C++ and object oriented programming.
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Experience serving as a technical lead
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- US Citizenship is required for this position.
- Knowledge of Agile Development tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including microservices, containers, and serverless architectures
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.