Leidos is looking for a Software Test Engineer to work on a dynamic program in the Herndon, VA area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered. In this position, you will be able to use both your manual and automated test skills and experience on an exciting high profile contract. This role will support multiple IT projects offering exposure to a variety of technologies and systems.
- The successful Software Test Engineer candidate will have experience with QA and testing using agile methodology, experience testing browser-based/web applications, experience with various testing phases and approaches such as exploratory, smoke, functional, regression, integration and end to end, experience with developing, executing, and maintaining automated test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, experience identifying regression test candidates for automation and automating those test cases, and experience with accessibility compliance test execution and results documentation, and experience reporting, tracking, validating and closing defects.
- A thorough knowledge of the entire SDLC, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects is needed.
- The successful candidate will be able to design test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications and have a thorough working knowledge of developing, maintaining, and executing test scenarios and test cases.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are required as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to work either as part of a team or independently within a rapidly changing environment utilizing good time management and prioritization skills, while maintaining high quality and being flexible to customer needs and timelines.
- Bachelors’ Degree with a minimum of 12 years OR Masters and 10 years experience
- Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
- Manual and automated test experience
- Agile methodology
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Strong interpersonal skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.