Leidos is seeking a System Controls Engineer to support the development and integration of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle programs that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across multiple Department of Defense agencies. The System Controls Engineer position is located in either the Lynnwood or Poulsbo, WA office with the potential to work remotely.
- The System Controls Engineer (SCE) will provide systems engineering services for navigation control systems used in AUV programs in the following areas:
- Development of closed loop control systems used for underwater navigation in a GPS denied environment
- Prototyping, testing and validation of navigation control behaviors and algorithms in MATLAB with final implementation for production use in C++
- Work within the software development team to integrate, test and verify navigation control algorithms in simulation, bench testing and at-sea testing
- CONOPS/Use Case Development
- Experience with requirements development, traceability, and verification
- Engineering design and development support, data collection and processing tasks
- Integration of sensors, networks and/or communications systems
- Test planning
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- System Verification and Validation
- Generation of program documentation (system requirements, interface control documents, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems, Electrical, or Mechanical engineering and 8+ years of experience, Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, to include: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience with hardware engineering development
- Experience generating DoD-type documents
- Awareness of Configuration Management principles
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
Experience with Leidos processes and policies, or equivalent experience in other corporations
- Specific experience in the design, development, integration, and test of autonomous or remotely operated undersea vehicle systems
- Experience with MBSE Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tools such as Cameo Magic Draw
Experience with MATLAB, C/C++ and ROS
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.