Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for an eDiscovery Electronic Files Specialist in Washington, D.C. to do the following:
- Support a government contracting team providing litigation support services, providing excellent customer service and solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Consistently deliver well-articulated, balanced, and informed communications.
- Participate in defining and maintaining the processes and tools that allow team and client to meet client needs.
- Develop strong partnerships with the clients and supporting Leidos team leaders to provide stellar customer service.
- Establish or refine processes and delivery methodologies to enable successful delivery on project goals.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of technical project documentation.
- Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers and team members.
- Assist client and management in other client service tasks as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for supporting the eDiscovery needs of attorneys and support staff and implementing the Department’s best practices related to eDiscovery and data workflow.
- Provides hands-on file manipulation, loading, and conversion services.
- Creates and modifies files for upload, typically into COTS products, and performs individual file conversion in support of electronic file processing.
- Develops, evaluates and modifies methodologies and procedures for manipulating files for use with litigation support applications.
- Performs quality assurance of all EFP services.
- Responsible for ensuring that incoming productions are made pursuant to the applicable ESI specifications and when deficiencies are found, provides EFP Manager with detailed notice of deficiencies. Recommends process improvement to ensure high quality, timely and cost-effective methods are utilized.
Basic qualifications include:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 (three) years eDiscovery/litigation support experience with a focus on client solutions
- Must possess 1+ years hands on work in Relativity
- Must possess 1+ year with data processing using IPro, Relativity, LAW or NUIX
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills with both eDiscovery technical teams and non-technical business leaders and team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Experience and familiarity with eDiscovery Services covering all realms of the EDRM (File to Trial)
- Must be able to work onsite in Washington, D.C. Monday – Friday, 8 hours per day, beginning at 9am or 10am
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
- No travel required
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.