As the Senior IT Performance Engineer, you will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS). You interface with other technical teams, DISA personnel, vendor technical support, and with technical representatives from DoD services. You will work as part of an integrated, cross-platform team to provide military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used for operations. You will leverage your understanding of network or application performance and capacity management and enterprise level network/systems monitoring to develop effective solutions the DoD. You will be responsible for requirements analysis, systems design, application integration, testing, and associated documentation. You will be involved in delivering both new and updated functionality. You will also develop solutions, troubleshoot problems, deploy and integrate products, develop documentation for the lab and production environments.
- Develop Network and Application Performance Monitoring and Management solutions within the InfoVista and Riverbed application suites which includes:
- Supporting the design, development, testing, and deployment of new performance management functionality within JRSS.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and scalability.
- Provide tier 2/3 support for JRSS network performance management solutions.
- Developing the documentation required to operationalize new or updated performance management capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of experience; or 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience with Network and Application Performance Management tool suites from one of the following vendors: InfoVista, or CA Technologies (Broadcom), Netscout, or Riverbed
- Good understanding of Performance and Capacity management concepts and related tool sets used in enterprise IT environments
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification
- Experience in one or more of NetOps tools such as InfoVista and Riverbed
- Solid foundation in networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing, and Internet routing protocols
- Experience with collection protocols such as SNMP, WMI, VMWare API, and SMI.
- Experience with developing scripts (for example, Perl, Shell, and PLSQL languages.
- Familiarity with Network Defense Operations
- Ability to work independently in a fast pace environment
- Network and System (Linux, Windows) administration experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and SNMP based network management
- Understanding of Network Performance Management and creating Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) to support customers and metrics
- At Leidos, culture in not just what we do—it’s how we do it. Our people, our environment and our values make all the difference.
- People: Our 33,000 employees help define who we are and what we stand for as a business. We have smart, friendly employees who are committed to working collaboratively to serve our customers. With diverse and complementary skillsets, backgrounds and experiences we take pride in our work, and in wearing our purple.
- Environment: We have an inclusive and engaged work environment that is fast-paced, casual and highly flexible. We work where and when is required to get the job done, in keeping with project and customer requirements. Our work environments are certainly not hierarchical, so is talking to your boss’ boss is encouraged.
- Values: What we believe is the foundation of everything we do. We have strong values—integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration and commitment—that are a way of life. It simply comes down to this: we believe in doing the right thing always, for each other, our customers, and our stakeholders.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.