Leidos is seeking Engineering Co-op at our San Diego office.
The goal of the internship/co-op is to process oceanographic and maritime data in a cloud-computing environment for quality control, noise filtering, and statistical characterization in a fast paced development environment. This is a semester long co-op for fall 2020 working full-time.
- Develop scripts and software tools to collect, organize, analyze, and export oceanographic and maritime data.
Work with a team of scientists and engineers to develop algorithms for data analysis and signal characterization in a cloud-based processing environment.
Utilize time efficiently on a multitude of debugging and troubleshooting issues within a cloud computing/containerized environment utilizing Linux terminal/command line tools.
Basic Qualifications :
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor or master degree program in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- Skills in scientific data analysis and software implementation
- Fluency in Python and Matlab
- US Citizenship required
- Must be available to work full-time co-op for Fall semester 2020
- Must be available to work at the San Diego office- please note relocation and housing assistance is not available
Cloud computing skills:
• Web-based databased queries
• Cloud computing tools such as Docker, Kafka, and Jenkins.
• Build frameworks and configuration management tools
Data analysis tools and techniques:
• Matlab, Python
• Data filtering, detection, and matched filtering
• Statistical distributions and metrics
• Extending algorithms from Matlab prototypes to Python implementations
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.