The Virtual division at Leidos currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Planner to work at the Lee Vista facility in Orlando, FL. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Common Driver Trainer (CDT) and other virtual simulator programs. Manufacturing Planners are responsible for the planning and smooth running of production processes in a manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Planners perform many planning associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions that include: coordinating with many departments, maintaining an accurate manufacturing Bills of Material (BOM), maintaining an precise part master, producing sales orders, utilizing Costpoint Material Requirements Planning (MRP), creating requisitions, developing routers, generating Manufacturing Orders (MOs), kitting material and issuing material to MOs, backfilling shortages, expediting material, conducting inventory transactions in Costpoint, implementing engineering changes notices (ECNs) to the BOM, shipping material, and conducting cycle counts for inventory accuracy. This role will interface with the site Program Manager, Engineering, Configuration Manager, Inventory Control, Production Manager, Quality, Procurement, Accounting, and Finance personnel and will be performing multiple manufacturing transactions within Costpoint.
- Uses Costpoint Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system to create purchase requisitions and manufacturing orders
- Provides management status of work in progress, inventory availability, and potential schedule impacts
- Assists Configuration Manager to ensure released Manufacturing Bills of Material (BOM) is released and accurate to drive requirements to procurement and manufacturing processes
- Plans Buy material to be purchased and plans Make material to be assembled in house
- Expedites material to meet production schedules
- Receives and stocks material into inventory and transacts in Costpoint
- Kits Manufacture Orders (MOs) and delivers MO and material to Production Manager
- Tracks MO shortages and back fills once material is available in inventory
- Attends Material Review Board meetings for Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) for material review and evaluation of engineering drawings
- Works closely and communicates with Production Manager for Make material to relay material shortages, and other risks that may impact the production build schedule
- Prioritizes movement of material from receiving to production to meet contracted delivery schedules
- Analyzes and consolidates data from the MRP system to track and analyze pertinent metrics and recommends improvements to be more efficient
- Performs inventory transactions such as: creating routers, shipping, receiving, issuing, transfer, scrap, cycle count transactions as needed.
- Works with Program Manager to establish and create the Sales Order.
- Analyzes production schedule, executes MRP to the plan and develops work around plans to preserve schedule and reducing program costs.
- Works closely with Program Manager, Engineering, Configuration Manager, Inventory Control, Production Manager, Quality, Procurement, Accounting, and Finance
- Coordinate with Manager in resolving production planning and control issues
- Participates in program meetings
- Maintain a 99% inventory accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently while making key decisions that impact the larger manufacturing team
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of assembly and production processes
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in material planning & execution experience in the manufacturing industry
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of directly related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in and be challenged by a team-based environment which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for quality, inventory management, and cost reduction
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management and conflict resolution
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Supply Chain
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.