Leidos is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support USNORTHCOM and NORAD mission systems. The successful candidate will serve as an IT Systems Engineer professional on a variety Command and Control (C2) systems as well as an important member of a team that is actively upgrading and supporting mission systems supporting planning and execution of USNORTHCOM and NORAD missions. Minimal travel may be required to support national events.
Are you a savvy Systems Engineer with experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)? Are you interested in supporting our government and work with an innovative team implementing cutting edge technologies? If you are ready to make an impact, to learn and to be given the chance to grow in your career, please take a look! In this role...
You will be on a team interacting with many different senior and junior personnel to implement, maintain, protect and sustain mission systems supporting missions and command-level exercises. You will directly influence changes by interacting with others and developing plans that will be implemented successfully. Your recommendations will hold a lot of weight. In this role, you will be working with a team and have opportunities to learn new skill sets.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Defending systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Scanning and assessing network for vulnerabilities
- Monitor environment traffic for unusual activity
- Installing, Configuring, and Supporting security tools such as system firewalls, anti-virus software and patch management systems
- Implementing network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards
- Training fellow employees in security awareness and procedures
- Developing and updating business continuity and disaster recovery protocols
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administration.
- Server based computing expertise using Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Horizon View Environments, and Liquidware Profile Management
- Experience with Nutanix Hardware Platform and associated software tools.
- Intermediate to advanced Virtualization (VMWare ESXi) knowledge.
- Able to Modify and maintain UNIX/Linux & Windows Hardware & Software configurations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux Servers.
- Experience troubleshooting system and software issues to attain resolution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and 10
- Experience supporting a global Active Directory (AD) and IDM infrastructure in a mixed Windows and UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Experience patching systems.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
- Experience performing systems engineering planning, information security planning, performance management, capacity planning, testing and validation, risk assessment, benchmarking, information engineering, security impact analysis.
- Experience in prioritizing, and executing multiple tasks and projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.