Provides applications technical support for the development, enhancement, customization and maintenance of interfaces, using interface engine software applications, legacy interface in applications or other systems or other integration middleware to support the business needs of Leidos clients. Designs, codes, develops, tests, debugs and documents system modifications. Troubleshoots and provides problem resolution to production/program errors. Works with enterprise, regional or local level or other organization applications.
1. Develop complex data interfaces between applications using interface engine applications, including Cloverleaf interface engine and Open Link Interface engine or other integration middleware toolsets including but not limited to Cerner FSI tools, Cerner iBus, CapsuleTech Data Captor, EMPI, Siemens Interfaces, Meditech Interfaces and others. Industry standards including HL7, XML, X12, XML, Web Services and other formats and others may be used in integration development.
2. Designs, codes, debugs, tests and implements modifications and changes to, interface, integration and middleware applications software, legacy or integration systems. Conducts impact analysis of modifications and changes to system and corresponding interfaces. Customizes interfaces per business requirements and functional and technical specifications. Creates or updates technical specification documents for interfaces.
3. Develops and maintains programs, configuration settings, interface scripts and/ or interface solutions in accordance with predefined standards, functional and technical specifications. Processes maintenance requests for interface enhancements or charges. Reviews change requests and determine appropriate solution for integration modifications.
4. Troubleshoots and resolves system or interface failures and issues. Applies fixes to vendor software and interfaces as needed. Interacts with vendors and other application support teams as necessary. Aids in diagnosis and resolution of outages and failures in interfaces and applications.
5. Analyzes, installs and tests new releases to application software. Retrofits releases to existing modified and/or customized applications, interfaces and integration. Documents new processes and develops functional and technical specifications; provides product demonstration and training.
6. Participates in system conversions and provides technical production support (i.e., create new programs, converts existing programs and configurations, implement conversion rules, conduct data extracts, support batch and real time integration, generate ad-hoc reports, etc. or provides interface retrofits as identified by statements of work (i.e., development and maintenance of real time and batch interfaces, processing downloads and other operational processes).
7. Interfaces with other TIS support or end users in determining business needs, gathering information, programs or support interface tests, scheduling delivery dates, establishing necessary processes and coordinating problem resolution. Completes technical interface specifications. Educates other departments on interface engine or middleware tool functionality.
8. Participates in On Call Rotation and off hour activations and upgrades as assigned. Assists with updating on call documentation and procedures. Ensures integration application and toolset availability thru life cycle of integration.
9. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer programming, healthcare or information technology and a minimum of three to five (3-5) interface or integration or application and programming support technology experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Intermediate knowledge and technical proficiency in interface and integration programming languages, applications, tools and utilities, which includes Cloverleaf Interface engine and/or Siemens Open Link engine as well as other integration toolsets or application integration tools sets.
3. Intermediate knowledge and experience with, interface or integration environment.
4. Reasonable knowledge and experience utilizing integration middleware and toolsets, as well as application integration toolsets and hospital information systems, products and software applications preferred.
5. Extensive knowledge of integration formats including HL7, XML, X12, Web Services and more is also expected along with knowledge of the toolsets.
6. Ability to create technical documentation and flowcharts.
7. Strong customer service skills.
8. Must possess the ability to work in teams and direct supervision.
9. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.